Greg Giraldo RIP

DrDawkinstein

surprised and weird. funny dude. accidental overdose.

link

hard to feel bad for some well-off dude accidentally killing himself from ODing on prescription drugs. but my heart goes out to his family.

Another comedian kills himself? I for one am SHOCKED a comedian would OD.

link

hard to feel bad for some well-off dude accidentally killing himself from ODing on prescription drugs. but my heart goes out to his family.

Not hard for me, at all.

Giraldo was a terrific comic. He will be missed.

RIP Greg.

He was so underrated it was not even funny. There was no one else better than him at a roast.

His OD was accidental, by the way. According to Craig Gass, at least.

i took the "accidental" part to mean it wasnt a suicide, but that he was still using them recreationally. but i dont know the details.

He was so underrated it was not even funny. There was no one else better than him at a roast.

His OD was accidental, by the way. According to Craig Gass, at least.

Craig gass is your source that it was accidental???? Guy was there to perform for a benefit for recovery folks....the only accident here was taking too many drugs....very sad story, guy was hilarious....more proof of how powerful the attraction/addiction to things that kill must be

Craig gass is your source that it was accidental???? Guy was there to perform for a benefit for recovery folks....the only accident here was taking too many drugs....very sad story, guy was hilarious....more proof of how powerful the attraction/addiction to things that kill must be

That's kind of what accidental means in a case like this. In other words, it wasn't an intentional overdose, AKA suicide.

link

Slight correction to the thread title. He OD'ed 5 days ago, not today.

Wow, that majorly sucks. I really hadn't heard of this guy until I watched some of Last Coming Standing this past season. The guy was extremely quick and witty, and I found myself laughing at a lot of what he said. I sought out some of his stand up, and I was in stitches. Very sad...this guy was truly talented.

Damn...that sucks.

I saw him last thanksgiving in Philly. He was with Dave Attell and one of the other roast guys. He was by the far the funniest of the three I thought. He had this bit about thanksgiving dinner and how "tryptophan" has become the most annoying buzz word. How there's always one tool who likes to throw that word around like he's an intellectual. He had me crying I was laughing so hard.

I read he was a very, very accomplished student growing up. I think he went to Columbia undergrad and then Harvard law. Interesting career path for a circuit comedian...

RIP, Greg.

Damn...that sucks.

I saw him last thanksgiving in Philly. He was with Dave Attell and one of the other roast guys. He was by the far the funniest of the three I thought. He had this bit about thanksgiving dinner and how "tryptophan" has become the most annoying buzz word. How there's always one tool who likes to throw that word around like he's an intellectual. He had me crying I was laughing so hard.

I read he was a very, very accomplished student growing up. I think he went to Columbia undergrad and then Harvard law. Interesting career path for a circuit comedian...

RIP, Greg.

RIP Greg, you were one funny !@#$!!!

Dude was great! One of my faves. I kick myself int he ass for putting off seeing him live. Such a shame, he dies and Dane Cook is free to do comedy. The world aint fair.

There was a time several years ago when a handful of TBD'ers were always touting Dane Cook and how funny he was. I started watching some of his stuff and just never really felt the same way. I completely agree that someoene like Giraldo was in a completely different league. When I read what Bartshan wrote about how this guy attended some pretty good schools, it made perfect sense. The guy was clearly functioning on a higher level of intellect, and it often manifested as some very witty comedy. Dane Cook can't hold his jock.

You can overdose and not die. Ever see Pulp Fiction?

Maybe he overdosed then had a fatal setback while in the hospital? :unsure:

I was thinking he was a vegetable for those 5 days. Can they harvest someone's organs if they suffered an overdose?