the Yankee Syndrome

tonyd19

I am writing this post because of all the trade rumors for Marshawn Lynch that a lot of posters here keep discussing. I have termed the press as having "The Yankee Syndrome" when it comes to teams who are perpetually bad like the Bills. The National media gets into a group think mentality that makes irrational moves look rational in order to prop up a good team at the expense of a bad one.

Let me give you an example, for years, media types have propped up bad trades by teams like the Pirates and Royals to teams like the Yankees before the trade is complete, only to bash the bad team later. For years, teams like the Pirates and Royals have been known as "The Yankees Farm Team" as kind of a cruel running joke.

I see this mentaility now when it comes to our Bills. I have seen media outlets almost demanding Buffalo trade Marshawn Lynch to the Pakers for the greater good of the Packers. They continue to try and drum up interest and state that Buffalo's inability to give away their best players is somehow a detriment to the organization. I am asking all of you here, not to buy into this group think mentality. I guarantee you if Buffalo does trade Lynch, you will see the media bash Buffalo for giving away a pro bowl running back in his prime for a mid round draft pick - and how this is evidence of why we continue to be a laughing stock.

As a team we have a lot of areas which need infusions of talent. Trading our best all around running back for one or two 3rd/4th round picks so Green bay can make a Super Bowl run is not in the best interests of our team.

I am writing this post because of all the trade rumors for Marshawn Lynch that a lot of posters here keep discussing. I have termed the press as having "The Yankee Syndrome" when it comes to teams who are perpetually bad like the Bills. The National media gets into a group think mentality that makes irrational moves look rational in order to prop up a good team at the expense of a bad one.

Let me give you an example, for years, media types have propped up bad trades by teams like the Pirates and Royals to teams like the Yankees before the trade is complete, only to bash the bad team later. For years, teams like the Pirates and Royals have been known as "The Yankees Farm Team" as kind of a cruel running joke.

I see this mentaility now when it comes to our Bills. I have seen media outlets almost demanding Buffalo trade Marshawn Lynch to the Pakers for the greater good of the Packers. They continue to try and drum up interest and state that Buffalo's inability to give away their best players is somehow a detriment to the organization. I am asking all of you here, not to buy into this group think mentality. I guarantee you if Buffalo does trade Lynch, you will see the media bash Buffalo for giving away a pro bowl running back in his prime for a mid round draft pick - and how this is evidence of why we continue to be a laughing stock.

As a team we have a lot of areas which need infusions of talent. Trading our best all around running back for one or two 3rd/4th round picks so Green bay can make a Super Bowl run is not in the best interests of our team.

I can't disagree with anything here. Unfortunately, the Bills are a bad team with a bad reputation right now. Until both of those things change, the media will have it's whipping boy.