Gameplan+Prediction vs Jets

buffalo_bills

What up TBD? We go into week 4 0-3, but COULD be 2-1 in my opinion. Here is my gamepland and prediction for this weeks game.

Offense: Darrelle Revis is questionable at this point. If he doesnt play, its a BIG + for our offense. I dont think we'll be able to run effectively against the Jets. They have a great front 7. We'll beat them through the AIR. If we can execute our passing game like last week, we will have success offensively. Lots of short-intermediate routes. They Blitz. ALOT. Our o-line isnt good enough to give Fitz enough time to go deep more than once or twice. Miami was shredding them through the air. Lets do the same.

Defense. Most important thing is to stop the run. It is the heart and soul of the Jets offense. Lets force Sanchez into long 3rd downs. He isnt a Brady or Rodgers. Lets try to get some PRessure for god sakes! If we pressure the guy, he will make mistakes. I wanna see lots of blitzes. Lets shake up Sanchez and force him into throwing some INTS.

Prediction: I predict this game going to whichever team shows up. They are more talented than us, but we'll be at home, coming off a great offense performance, yet a lackluster defense performance. Look for the offense to continue some of its success, and the defense to bounce back. Final Prediction: Bills: 19 Jets: 17

Doesn't Evans usually do pretty good against Revis? I think remember TO had a pretty good game last year with him, too.

Our OL can get enough quick blocks to allow us for the screen plays. We outsize their DB's with both our WR's and RB's. Having quick screens to our WR's and RB's can make a major difference. Spiller could have a big game this week. These screens will neutralize their LB's which blitz to mask their inadequecies. They do not have a great LB corp and if we can freeze their LB's we'll have a chance to create more space in the middle of the field. Setting up the screen will also slow their defensive coverages so I expect their to be a lot of zone defenses to hault our passing game. I would not be surprised to see quite a few blitz's out of the defensive backfield, either.

Spiller will likely have 40+ yards catching, Lynch may only carry the ball for 60-80 yards. I expect Freddy to get in a lot this game because he is more flexible than Lynch. The defense must respect his running and catching both. Fitz may only be able to pass for 200 yards. If we had a better pass catching TE it would make the difference this weekend. Fitz will need to get a cadence going with a TE to get any production. A large bodied TE will bowl over all but Leonhard, their hardest hitter.

On defense there is just too much to worry about. If we cannot pressure Sanchez we are doomed. I am not fearful of their running game because I do not see it being effective. If we score this week enough to win it will be on long plays that stretch the field. The Jets plugging away at running will not be effective enough to control the clock. The Jets will have to score on every opportunity to combat our chances of turning any play in to a score. The Patriots surely did not expect us to have the points in the first half or they would have planned the adjustments made at half in to the initial game plan. I see the Jets running for 100 yards but that is just chewing up the field. I think they will have to count on Sanchez this week.

This game will need all the special teams help we can get.

Honestly: Jets 30-17

Hoping: Bills 24-20