Private Football Lessons

Richmond_Bills

So, my soon to be 10 year old son takes private baseball lessons and plays on a travel team through a local Baseball Academy. The place is absolutely bonkers with at least 2 teams per age group 9-18, clinics, camps, private lessons (all former college and pro players) - to the tune that they are opening a second location. Recently on their website, they boasted to giving 600 lessons to over 200 players - IN ONE WEEK. They are hosting a showcase event for the older kids with college and pro scouts.

So here's my thought - I'm in an area that I would argue is even crazier about football. I have access to former college/pro players (a good friend played at Va Tech and in the arena circuit and has all the guys that could help out). I think I could make a ton of money doing private lessons for QB, OL, DL, LB, Kickers, Speed, etc. It could start small - doing lessons at public parks, open fields, etc. Not a lot of overhead until you build a client base and then maybe rent some cheap warehouse space and lay some turf.

I'm obviously not going to start printing flyers tomorrow, as to not rush into it. I'm looking for feedback as to whether this would be something that you have any experience with, would be intrigued by, think is stupid, etc. Would you or your son be hooked by "being able to take QB lessons from former VT QB Brian Randle"?????

Edited by Richmond_Bills

So, my soon to be 10 year old son takes private baseball lessons and plays on a travel team through a local Baseball Academy. The place is absolutely bonkers with at least 2 teams per age group 9-18, clinics, camps, private lessons (all former college and pro players) - to the tune that they are opening a second location. Recently on their website, they boasted to giving 600 lessons to over 200 players - IN ONE WEEK. They are hosting a showcase event for the older kids with college and pro scouts.

So here's my thought - I'm in an area that I would argue is even crazier about football. I have access to former college/pro players (a good friend played at Va Tech and in the arena circuit and has all the guys that could help out). I think I could make a ton of money doing private lessons for QB, OL, DL, LB, Kickers, Speed, etc. It could start small - doing lessons at public parks, open fields, etc. Not a lot of overhead until you build a client base and then maybe rent some cheap warehouse space and lay some turf.

I'm obviously not going to start printing flyers tomorrow, as to not rush into it. I'm looking for feedback as to whether this would be something that you have any experience with, would be intrigued by, think is stupid, etc. Would you or your son be hooked by "being able to take QB lessons from former VT QB Brian Randle"?????

Sounds like a good idea to me, but you're spelling your buddy's name wrong. :P

..........the only thing I'd add is that it would more than likely be seasonal. Not a bad idea though. Good luck.

You would think baseball is seasonal too, but I'm on an 11 month contract...

I have spoken to my buddy (the former VT player) about the idea and he thinks it is great. I'm going to look into insurance costs, etc. next.

dude, contact Randles' employer, Steve Burton who owns SportsQuest, before Randle swipes your idea :rolleyes: . He is actually quite a cool guy and will be more than happy to listen to ideas.That might be exactly the type of thing he is looking to have at all those fields he has out there in Chesterfield. Lots of fields need lots of people paying to use them.

http://www.sportsquest.biz/

Edited by plenzmd1

Well, Texas Gov. Rick Perry seems to like the concept enough to try it with....

wait for it....

Mike Leach

Link - Perry campaign contest offers Mike Leach clinic as one of prizes

'Interested in a 30-minute football clinic with former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach? If so, the re-election campaign of Gov. Rick Perry wants to hear from you.'

aren't they opening that huge sports training facility in chesterfield that will be offering that kind of service?

i see you beat me to it

dude, contact Randles' employer, Steve Burton who owns SportsQuest, before Randle swipes your idea :rolleyes: . He is actually quite a cool guy and will be more than happy to listen to ideas.That might be exactly the type of thing he is looking to have at all those fields he has out there in Chesterfield. Lots of fields need lots of people paying to use them.

http://www.sportsquest.biz/