Would you buy a Chrysler, if it was built in the afternoon...

Just Jack

I also noticed none of the guys were driving a Chrysler product. I saw a Ram truck, Mustang and a Buick. Speaking of Chrysler products, I'm thinking of buying a Jeep wrangler, any opinions on the quality of 2013 Jeep products? The new engine designed by Mercedes has 90 HP more than previous engines.

I also noticed none of the guys were driving a Chrysler product. I saw a Ram truck, Mustang and a Buick. Speaking of Chrysler products, I'm thinking of buying a Jeep wrangler, any opinions on the quality of 2013 Jeep products? The new engine designed by Mercedes has 90 HP more than previous engines.

I wouldn't buy anything made by Chrysler, with the possible exception of a Ram truck if the price was really good). Over the years the Chrysler brands across the board have consistently scored among the worst in the industry for reliability.

Ram truck is a Chrysler... It is a Dodge... No?

I don't know about the new engine? That is why I went with the last of the dinosaurs in 2006... The straight 6, cast iron , 4.0... Not exactly a gas saver @ 15 mpg! :-O

Anyway... Shouldn't a 4x4 engine be about low end torque?

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/in-line-6-vs-the-v-6-a-73737.html

"The current V6 is a car/van engine that is sorely missing the low-end torque that is a characteristic of an inline six. The V6 takes more rpms to develop the same torque level the I6 does at low rpms typical for offroading. I've driven both and would never trade my I6 for the newer V6. I felt like I was driving a gutless van the weekend I had a JK with the new V6 at home while installing offroad armor for a friend. My personal opinion anyway.

I can't really answer your primary question...however figuring any V-engine to be better isn't quite right. A straight 6 is actually considered a perfectly balanced engine configuration...a V6 is not. Now that says nothing about a particular design vs another particular design...just a generalization.

I'll link here, but you can find plenty of other sources saying the same basic thing (I actually heard about this years ago...this was just a quick find):

AutoZine Technical School - Engine"

I wouldn't buy anything made by Chrysler, with the possible exception of a Ram truck if the price was really good). Over the years the Chrysler brands across the board have consistently scored among the worst in the industry for reliability.

BS... That is all I buy! Really... Never had a problem in 20+ years... They are easy to fix (by yourself) to. Heck, the same motor in my 2006 Jeep has been in service for what? 40 years? Going back to the AMC days? Throw in modern computing tech, and you got a nice piece of equipment...

BS... That is all I buy! Really... Never had a problem in 20+ years... They are easy to fix (by yourself) to. Heck, the same motor in my 2006 Jeep has been in service for what? 40 years? Going back to the AMC days? Throw in modern computing tech, and you got a nice piece of equipment...

I'll take Consumer Reports word over your anecdotal evidence. Plus, my anecdotal evidence shows that Chrysler's are ****.

I'll take Consumer Reports word over your anecdotal evidence. Plus, my anecdotal evidence shows that Chrysler's are ****.

People in general are lazy !@#$s... Take care of anything and it will last you... Both my current Chrysler/Jeeps are going on 6 years, 100K each and not a lick of a problem. In general, IMO... I find Chrysler products easy to deal with. My 1998 Isuzu (GM product) was a nightmare to deal with when needed... But still lasted with care. Actually, still going strong... That Isuzu... I sold it to a friend that is a mechanic...

Again... It is all about how you care for something... Treat it like pooh, and it acts like pooh...

You don't have to take my anecdotal evidence... BUT if you do, my findings are sound since I do try and cover all my bases. With any machine, it is all about the operator...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Ram truck is a Chrysler... It is a Dodge... No?

I don't know about the new engine? That is why I went with the last of the dinosaurs in 2006... The straight 6, cast iron , 4.0... Not exactly a gas saver @ 15 mpg! :-O

Anyway... Shouldn't a 4x4 engine be about low end torque?

http://www.wranglerf...-6-a-73737.html

"The current V6 is a car/van engine that is sorely missing the low-end torque that is a characteristic of an inline six. The V6 takes more rpms to develop the same torque level the I6 does at low rpms typical for offroading. I've driven both and would never trade my I6 for the newer V6. I felt like I was driving a gutless van the weekend I had a JK with the new V6 at home while installing offroad armor for a friend. My personal opinion anyway.

I can't really answer your primary question...however figuring any V-engine to be better isn't quite right. A straight 6 is actually considered a perfectly balanced engine configuration...a V6 is not. Now that says nothing about a particular design vs another particular design...just a generalization.

I'll link here, but you can find plenty of other sources saying the same basic thing (I actually heard about this years ago...this was just a quick find):

AutoZine Technical School - Engine"

Those guys weren't talking about the new Pentastar V6 introduced in 2012. It's getting great reviews. 90 more HP over the previous V6.

I only will occasionally go off roading with this Jeep. It's mostly for my vacant land research I occasionally will need a 4x4 to get around on the properties I'm checking out. My 2WD truck is not adequate. The reviews have been quite favorable of this new power train and 2013 version of the Wrangler Sport. Still shopping around though, I might get a 4WD truck to solve my problem.

Edited by Fan in San Diego