Would you buy a Chrysler, if it was built in the afternoon...

Just Jack

I could not, would not, in the afternoon

I would not, could not, on the moon.

I would not buy one with a fox.

I would not buy one in a box.

I would not buy one here or there.

I would not buy them anywhere.

I would not buy a Chrysler you stupid hack

I do not like Chryslers, Just-Jack

Years ago I bought a Ford Bronco off of the showroom floor:

transmission failed

A/c Failed

speedometer broke

glove box stuck shut

tailgate rusted through 2X

this is all within 5 years.

Ford workers must have had a bad day building that POS

• 2 years later...

Obviously not my words BUT:

The old adage “Buffalo is a drinking town with a sports problem” is undeniably true.

Late last year, Buffalo was listed among the top 25 drunkest cities in America, based on statistics compiled by the Daily Beast. Perhaps that has something to do with the information revealed in a new Trulia study: there are 6.8 bars per 10,000 Buffalo households.

Of the top metro areas with most bars per 10,000 households, Buffalo ranks No. 7, just after not-too-far-away Syracuse.

Maybe that's another reason that I switched from Chevrolet/Buick to Nissan in '83, and don't miss Mr. Goodwrench!.

The old adage “Buffalo is a drinking town with a sports problem” is undeniably true.

Late last year, Buffalo was listed among the top 25 drunkest cities in America, based on statistics compiled by the Daily Beast. Perhaps that has something to do with the information revealed in a new Trulia study: there are 6.8 bars per 10,000 Buffalo households.

Of the top metro areas with most bars per 10,000 households, Buffalo ranks No. 7, just after not-too-far-away Syracuse.

Maybe that's another reason that I switched from Chevrolet/Buick to Nissan in '83, and don't miss Mr. Goodwrench!.

From the first article you linked:

Buffalo:

Population over age 21: 1,170,570

Interesting seeing the total population of Buffalo is under 300,000

hope you're wrong. we decided to give "american" cars another try. cars are now much more international in origin. the buick we just got is a rebadged german design (opel) made in oshawa, ont at an assembly line with historically good quality products. so far, so good on the build quality...

Years ago I bought a Ford Bronco off of the showroom floor:

transmission failed

A/c Failed

speedometer broke

glove box stuck shut

tailgate rusted through 2X

this is all within 5 years.

Ford workers must have had a bad day building that POS

From "Arrested Development":

Car Salesman: Yeah, the Bronco's been discontinued. We're trying to shed that whole fugitive-on-the-run thing. This is the Escape.

In the early 80's I worked during the summer for the company my dad worked for. The company made machinery to cut / form sheet metal. One of the first observations I made was how a few guys would literally run across the street to the little bar. I asked my dad about that and he said that they shop guys only had 30 minutes for lunch and the bar owner would have the "drinks" pre-poured and sandwiches pre-made. It amazes me that the shop did not have more accidents / missing appendages considering that some of this equipment (mills, lathes, hobbers) was HUGE!!

I always thought Trico made good wiper blades when they were still in Buffalo..more than a few guys had their lunch with the Bionics at Slomba's if I remember correctly at 3.a

Sorry to hijack...

Actually... You know what is a great blade? Those "Rain-X" blades... I literally have NOT changed them in 5 years! Really... And I got a spare set because they were BOGO! Wow... This the kinda poop that puts companies that depend on consumables under!

Interesting... I didn't get a chance to read yet... Where did Milwaukee and the State of Wisconsin fall? That is one lush area!

hope you're wrong. we decided to give "american" cars another try. cars are now much more international in origin. the buick we just got is a rebadged german design (opel) made in oshawa, ont at an assembly line with historically good quality products. so far, so good on the build quality...

Oh great... Nothing like a couple quick Molson Canadians to start your afternoon on the line off! ;-) :-P

I will remember that when I am tooling around in my new lacrosse! ;-)

In the early 80's I worked during the summer for the company my dad worked for. The company made machinery to cut / form sheet metal. One of the first observations I made was how a few guys would literally run across the street to the little bar. I asked my dad about that and he said that they shop guys only had 30 minutes for lunch and the bar owner would have the "drinks" pre-poured and sandwiches pre-made. It amazes me that the shop did not have more accidents / missing appendages considering that some of this equipment (mills, lathes, hobbers) was HUGE!!

Culture change... Not as anal retentive anymore... Look, we got citizens in Mercer, PA getting into their vehicles that can't stop their heat from going off and through their child's chest.

We are slipping as a country... You what it is... "Just turn the key cars." LoL... Just imagine if I had to reiterate everyday to my wife what the winter starting procedure is for a carbureted vehicle... I would go further out of my mind!