Saban: Bama to play Mich in 2012

Cynical

@ freaking Jerry World. Bah. :thumbdown:

Mash here

Same radio cast, he also expressed a desire to return to Atlanta in 2013 as an opener.

Interesting rumor (and strictly a rumor at this point), the Atlanta group supposedly has USC agreeing to play a game in the dome to open up a season, and that USC has given the group a list of schools they want to play. Alabama is one of those teams.

Michigan in 2012 and USC in 2013? Nice.

@ freaking Jerry World. Bah. :thumbdown:

Mash here

Same radio cast, he also expressed a desire to return to Atlanta in 2013 as an opener.

Interesting rumor (and strictly a rumor at this point), the Atlanta group supposedly has USC agreeing to play a game in the dome to open up a season, and that USC has given the group a list of schools they want to play. Alabama is one of those teams.

Michigan in 2012 and USC in 2013? Nice.

Interesting...you alluded to this awhile back I believe in a post about Jerry Jones looking for a replacement for the Big XII Champ Game. I'm with you that I don't like these neutral site games. But I don't have a problem if they accompany a home-and-home. Otherwise, they are just money grabs.

I always like it when teams schedule marquee-OOC games though.

Interesting...you alluded to this awhile back I believe in a post about Jerry Jones looking for a replacement for the Big XII Champ Game. I'm with you that I don't like these neutral site games. But I don't have a problem if they accompany a home-and-home. Otherwise, they are just money grabs.

IIRC, the last time I brought it to light, it was strictly a rumor. Now it seems to have some legs (the "kinda, probably sure" kind).

We have discussed scheduling before, and as much we cringe at the thought that money drives some of the match ups, it is a fact of life.

I could be way off base, but IMHO, I think the Mich-Bama game goes beyond money. I think both teams want to test the match up and are willing to do it in a neutral setting as opposed to committing to 2 games over 2 years.

However, if seeing more and more of these marquee match ups mean more single games in neutral settings, I guess I'll put up with it (like I have a choice). I would rather watch these than watch a home and home series vs. some filler team.

• 3 weeks later...

Michigan vs. Bama now confirmed.

My link

"Michigan will face Alabama on Sept. 1, 2012 in the annual Cowboys Stadium Showcase."

In other news, Saban has now confirmed Bama will be back in Atlanta to open the 2013 season, opponent TBD.

How about it Boise State. You wanted to play with the big boys.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.