NSA doing some fine work keeping our airports safe

DrDawkinstein

After 15 years of assisting in the terminal, they said, they know what to do when someone loses an ATM card (call 911), when passengers' rides don't show up (lend them a cell phone) and when handed prohibited carry-on items (mail the items to the passengers' homes). But they had received no training on how to handle heavily armed visitors.

:huh:

Call 911 for a lost ATM card? OK....

Edited by UConn James

After 15 years of assisting in the terminal, they said, they know what to do when someone loses an ATM card (call 911), when passengers' rides don't show up (lend them a cell phone) and when handed prohibited carry-on items (mail the items to the passengers' homes). But they had received no training on how to handle heavily armed visitors.

:huh:

Call 911 for a lost ATM card? OK....

Sir, if your M4 doesn't fit in the overhead or beneath the seat in front of you, we'll give you this tag and you can check it planeside

Sir, if your M4 doesn't fit in the overhead or beneath the seat in front of you, we'll give you this tag and you can check it planeside

Come on,,,,,

an m4 would easily fit in the overhead bin.......:lol:

On my recent return flight from Miami back to Rochester, they took 10 minutes to pat-down, scan, and rescan my mother-in-law (who has a knee replacement and always sets off the detector), but completely missed all the fluids and gels that my wife forgot to put in our checked bag... <_<

On my recent return flight from Miami back to Rochester, they took 10 minutes to pat-down, scan, and rescan my mother-in-law (who has a knee replacement and always sets off the detector), but completely missed all the fluids and gels that my wife forgot to put in our checked bag... <_<

I've posted this before:

I fly on average about 10 times a year. In the past 9 years I have NOT ONCE used "travel size" anything, and have NEVER put my stuff in plastic bags.

Of those 90 or so flights, I got hassled ONCE. ONCE! and just told them to throw away whatever it was.

The whole thing is a joke. I wont even bother getting into other things I have gotten on planes with over that time as well.

I've posted this before:

I fly on average about 10 times a year. In the past 9 years I have NOT ONCE used "travel size" anything, and have NEVER put my stuff in plastic bags.

Of those 90 or so flights, I got hassled ONCE. ONCE! and just told them to throw away whatever it was.

The whole thing is a joke. I wont even bother getting into other things I have gotten on planes with over that time as well.

I went to a work conference in Arizona. We had these manuals to hand out for employees essentially. Over 10,000 of them all boxed up 10 to a box and nicely sealed. I helped with the handout and had to bust open probably 100 boxes. We used box cutters that were sent by truck along with all the other gear for conference. I ended up with two of them in the back pocket on the leg of my pants. I packed up all my clothes in my travel bag for the flight home. I get home and throw all the clothes on the floor by the washing machine. I hear this clink and search the pants. I had traveled on a plane from Arizona to Memphis with two box cutters in my carry on. :oops: