With all the hate being tossed around..

Quester74

Thank you.

Thank you, for putting together an entertaining 3 hours of football in what has otherwise been some very frustrating Sundays to this point.

No one in their right mind had us even IN this game, let alone winning it. As far as I'm concerned this team as a whole can hold their heads high about their performance this afternoon.

I know, the defense gave up 38 points. But, how do you think the Pats* feel about surrendering 30 pts. to the Bills? Worse than we feel, I'd wager.

This game gave me some hope that not all Sundays this season are gonna be as dreary as the game vs. Green Bay.

Some things I saw today:

1. Fitz's arm isn't as weak as I thought. Had some good zip on alot of passes. Or maybe he just actually resembled an NFL QB. Not sure.. been awhile since I seen one wearing a Buffalo jersey.

2. Marshawn still runs like a plowhorse in the mud, but the O'line did give him holes to run through.

3. Spiller should be on the field more often. Why isn't this kid the one running the Wildcat formations? :blink:

4. Maybin has a looong way to go. His "moves" are laughable. I'd like to see him standing up more.. he takes forever to get out of that 4-point stance.

5. Cornell Green is terrific.. as in terrible and horrific, rolled into one horrendous adjective. He may be Tuten Reyes bad. :sick:

6. We seemed to utilize the middle of field very well today. Would like to see more crossing patterns by Roscoe/Lee.. and seam passes to Stupar.

Ok, that was more than two words.. but, all in all.. it will be much more enjoyable to talk about this game in the morning with my co-workers. :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!!

Thank you.

Thank you, for putting together an entertaining 3 hours of football in what has otherwise been some very frustrating Sundays to this point.

No one in their right mind had us even IN this game, let alone winning it. As far as I'm concerned this team as a whole can hold their heads high about their performance this afternoon.

I know, the defense gave up 38 points. But, how do you think the Pats* feel about surrendering 30 pts. to the Bills? Worse than we feel, I'd wager.

This game gave me some hope that not all Sundays this season are gonna be as dreary as the game vs. Green Bay.

We should be thankful that RW has kept the team in Buffalo for 50 years, right?

I'm sitting here trying to think of a response to this.. but, I don't honestly know where you're gong with that statement. I assume it's of the thinking that we shouldn't just be thankful for whatever lousy product Ralph throws on the field for us.

Me personally, if I'm dying of thirst and all I'm offered is warm piss.. I'm gonna drink it.. and hope the next guy offers me water.

Today's loss hasn't quenched my thirst.. but it'll keeping me pushing along.. hoping that drink of water isn't as far into the future as I once thought. :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!!

Thank you.

Some things I saw today:

1. Fitz's arm isn't as weak as I thought. Had some good zip on alot of passes. Or maybe he just actually resembled an NFL QB. Not sure.. been awhile since I seen one wearing a Buffalo jersey.

2. Marshawn still runs like a plowhorse in the mud, but the O'line did give him holes to run through.

3. Spiller should be on the field more often. Why isn't this kid the one running the Wildcat formations? :blink:

4. Maybin has a looong way to go. His "moves" are laughable. I'd like to see him standing up more.. he takes forever to get out of that 4-point stance.

5. Cornell Green is terrific.. as in terrible and horrific, rolled into one horrendous adjective. He may be Tuten Reyes bad. :sick:

6. We seemed to utilize the middle of field very well today. Would like to see more crossing patterns by Roscoe/Lee.. and seam passes to Stupar.

Ok, that was more than two words.. but, all in all.. it will be much more enjoyable to talk about this game in the morning with my co-workers. :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!!

Well said. :thumbsup:

I'm sitting here trying to think of a response to this.. but, I don't honestly know where you're gong with that statement. I assume it's of the thinking that we shouldn't just be thankful for whatever lousy product Ralph throws on the field for us.

Me personally, if I'm dying of thirst and all I'm offered is warm piss.. I'm gonna drink it.. and hope the next guy offers me water.

Today's loss hasn't quenched my thirst.. but it'll keeping me pushing along.. hoping that drink of water isn't as far into the future as I once thought. :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!!

Ignore him. He just loves to piss on anything positive.

Thank you.

Some things I saw today:

GO BILLS!!

Great points.. Let's just hope it wasn't a one time showing from the offense. The D was just bad point blank but it was a very fun game to watch.. I actually kept my jersey on the whole game.. Lol

oh God, you reminded us of Tutan Reyes. That guy got traded to the MTA the year they ran out of turnstiles.

Most of the team acquitted itself well today as you mention. They've got a lot of work to do on defense but the offense looked like it had potential and just a few things holding it back (Green among them).

Sorry, but I just can't say thank you for this game. All it was was just another loss. And do you really think that NE feels bad about giving up 30 points? Believe me, they'll take the win. At no time did I feel like the Bills were gonna win this game. New England controlled the game and the Bills could not stop them. Was it more entertaining than last week? Sure. Was it a good effort? Far from it. The defense looked pathetic and Fitz threw two critical INT's. The sad thing is that this team has been so bad recently that a lot of fans were happy with this game. Not me. They still looked bad and they still lost. There are no such things as moral victories.

If anything, this game proved that the O-line is not the main problem. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a good line, we need upgrades at RT for sure and significant improvement or an upgrade at LT as well. But a competent QB can indeed play well behind this line. I was so sick of the Edwards apologists saying that no QB could do well behind this line, it's a bunch of crap. If a career backup in Fitz can play adequately, then a good QB would do very well.

On the other side of the ball, the Bills are a train wreck on the line. Absolutely no pressure, this team needs D-Line and LB help big time to be considered good any time soon. And the safeties, including Byrd, were horrible. It was just a pathetic display.

Edited by ricojes

thanks for the thread. I was on a flight from 12:30pm to 4pm yesterday and was trying to follow the game on an iphone app and the ESPN XM radio on the plane. From what I could gather, this was not a game where the other team was laughing at the Bills, as Whitner spoke about this week. Although, it also seemed like the Defense really let us down (Donte, Im looking at you again).

I know it was a loss, but do you guys agree it wasnt a total embarrassment like our previous games (and previous seasons)? Thats a ****ty thing to have to be happy about, but we're starting from the ground up here, so I'll take what I can get, especially against the Pats*. They mustve been crapping their pants when it was still within 8 points in the 4th qtr.

What do you guys think?

I am thankful that RW has kept the team in Buffalo for 50 years.

Is there anything else you would like to ask? :)

I remember in the 80's, just before the Bills learned how to win, I was just hoping they could get to an 8-8 season!

The current team is frustrating, but 38-30 beats 38-3.

The game was worth watching and I hope the franchise can start to turn the corner, and move forward in the next few seasons.

Does this mean I am happy they lost yesterday? Of course not!

I have had it with rebuilding every 3 or 4 years.

GO BILLS!!

It's kind of weird that your first line of defense is to go straight to some made up fantasy about drinking urine...

Sorry, but I just can't say thank you for this game. All it was was just another loss. And do you really think that NE feels bad about giving up 30 points? Believe me, they'll take the win. At no time did I feel like the Bills were gonna win this game. New England controlled the game and the Bills could not stop them. Was it more entertaining than last week? Sure. Was it a good effort? Far from it. The defense looked pathetic and Fitz threw two critical INT's. The sad thing is that this team has been so bad recently that a lot of fans were happy with this game. Not me. They still looked bad and they still lost. There are no such things as moral victories.

An 8 point loss to a team that is lightyears better than us.. is not only a moral victory.. it's improvement. That's all I ask from them. Improvement.

Thank you! U nailed it!

An 8 point loss to a team that is lightyears better than us.. is not only a moral victory.. it's improvement. That's all I ask from them. Improvement.

What's funny is that when you signed onto TBD in early 2006, people were hoping for the same thing. They wanted improvement in 2007, 2008, and 2009. And it never happens. Instead, the team was consistently mediocre, to the tune of being 27-37 in 4 seasons. Now, there are honest to goodness fans who take solace in losing respectably to NE. Talk about lowered expectations.

What's funny is that when you signed onto TBD in early 2006, people were hoping for the same thing. They wanted improvement in 2007, 2008, and 2009. And it never happens. Instead, the team was consistently mediocre, to the tune of being 27-37 in 4 seasons. Now, there are honest to goodness fans who take solace in losing respectably to NE. Talk about lowered expectations.

That's just the thing though.. you either adjust your expectations, or go crazy.