OT-Steroids Stuff. ESPN Radio

Thailog80

He says the public is blowing Giambi's and Bonds testimony way out of proportion. I believe he is the players union representitive.

If thats the attitude then baseball is going to have one hell of a fight on its hands with steroid testing...IMHO. This could get really nasty.

He says the public is blowing Giambi's and Bonds testimony way out of proportion. I believe he is the players union representitive.

If thats the attitude then baseball is going to have one hell of a fight on its hands with steroid testing...IMHO. This could get really nasty.

149149[/snapback]

I agree T....these unions in all the major sports clearly do not think on the same level normal people too...they expect to get raises all the time, they always have an excuse for things they do wrong. Unions are bad for pro sports. Period.

The NFL Union and MLB's union are polar opposites of one another.

149162[/snapback]

That's true. The assistant general counsel for the NFL once held the same position with the NFLPA. (He was also my sports law professor in law school, but I digress).

I doubt you'd ever find someone who was at such a high level with the MLBPA crossing over to the owners' side.

Glavine can't stop the avalanche. This will be THE sports story for the next couple of years. I'm just wondering if the heads of sports have the sack to clean up this mess and rid sports of this junk. The point being, kids are taking this stuff at a young age to gain an edge, due to what they learn from the pros. Many don't realize that this stuff kills people at a young age.

I feel ZERO pity for the athletes who are being caught. I see Hank Aaron just gave Bonds the kiss of death, meaning his record will be protected. Marion Jones may be stripped of her Olympic medals. The list will be endless. Good.

Hang these folks out to dry and send a message. They knew they were cheating.

Fug them. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Only because the NFL owners have some balls while the baseball owners, bunch of pussies that they all are, bend over and grab their ankles every time the baseball union says 'boo'.

149238[/snapback]

That's because the NFL owners were smart enough to stick together are realize that their fortunes would be made as one.

Idiot baseball owners are still fighting each other while the players clean house.

That's because the NFL owners were smart enough to stick together are realize that their fortunes would be made as one.

Idiot baseball owners are still fighting each other while the players clean house.

149250[/snapback]

But it's truly like comparing apples to cinderblocks. The TV deal is the reason the NFL has the luxury of uniting.

But it's truly like comparing apples to cinderblocks.  The TV deal is the reason the NFL has the luxury of uniting.

There are comparable collective TV deals in MLB that could "unite" the owners as well. It's just that guys like Steinbrenner want to keep it all for themselves. In the NFL, the NYC markets bring a HELL of a lot more money in that Buffalo's does, but they all share equally from it.

There are comparable collective TV deals in MLB that could "unite" the owners as well. It's just that guys like Steinbrenner want to keep it all for themselves.  In the NFL, the NYC markets bring a HELL of a lot more money in that Buffalo's does, but they all share equally from it.

149261[/snapback]

That's just not so and it's proven by the numbers. NFL fans will watch the NFL because it's a made for TV sport. Baseball doesn't generate anywhere near the TV interest of the NFL, which can pay virtually all its bills annually just off television revenue.

But it's truly like comparing apples to cinderblocks.  The TV deal is the reason the NFL has the luxury of uniting.

149257[/snapback]

True in that the TV appeal of baseball is localized, thus leading to the local deal for each team (and thus the riches for the big market teams), whereas the NFL has a national following and a single point for TV contracts.

Still, the baseball owners have botched up their sport and relationship with the players for decades.