The Policeman vs. The Nurse

Beerball

Cops generally don't give doctors, nurses, or the likes tickets.

They were both in the wrong but the cop should have simply let it go...be the bigger man.

True... Professional courtesy. Now, with municipalites hurting, I bet the squeeze is on to get everybody. The sad part about policing is the money feeds the problem... It makes the police to be more like Marv Levy would say: "Over-officious jerks." If there no is a "payout" and the department stands to get lose money, equipment, or manpower... No doubt they will but the squeeze on. Just look at what they do with drug money. Do you think the cops would ever embrace legalizing drugs? Of course not, it stops their gravy train.

Want proof... Just check out the thread I made about the suspended license issue in Illinois recently.

On another note, you know what I find humorous? The people who put those police (fraternal order or whatever) medallions right next to their license plates. Like they can donate their way out of a ticket. :wallbash:

We are living in a nit-picky world. Everybody wants to feel like they are special, empowered.

True... Professional courtesy. Now, with municipalites hurting, I bet the squeeze is on to get everybody. The sad part about policing is the money feeds the problem... It makes the police to be more like Marv Levy would say: "Over-officious jerks." If there no is a "payout" and the department stands to get lose money, equipment, or manpower... No doubt they will but the squeeze on. Just look at what they do with drug money. Do you think the cops would ever embrace legalizing drugs? Of course not, it stops their gravy train.

Want proof... Just check out the thread I made about the suspended license issue in Illinois recently.

On another note, you know what I find humorous? The people who put those police (fraternal order or whatever) medallions right next to their license plates. Like they can donate their way out of a ticket. :wallbash:

Can't vouch for now, but I do know those medallions/stickers used to work, at least in WNY during the 90's.

Friend used to donate to the Buffalo PAL and some other local police organizations. He would get a couple of stickers from each organization.

He would keep one, and pass the other ones out.

Got out of at least 4-5 tickets.