The Policeman vs. The Nurse

Beerball

Stupid nurse, douchebag cop.

For one, it opens the hospital up to lawsuits that X patient didn't get appropriate care from this nurse because of a personal slight. When you're talking about millions of dollars, this is an easy decision.

People need to wake up and realize that their words have repercussions, even "in the heat of the moment."

Guy in Hartford kills 7 because he was caught stealing beer from his employer and fired, guy kills his family because his wife/gf cooked his eggs wrong, and a thousand other examples of people removing themselves from consideration of a future state/heaven. What is it with the level of pure anger in this country? More than it's ever been. That when someone breaks the rules, it's somebody's else's fault for pointing out that they've broken the rules... not that the law ought not to have been broken.

For one, it opens the hospital up to lawsuits that X patient didn't get appropriate care from this nurse because of a personal slight. When you're talking about millions of dollars, this is an easy decision.

People need to wake up and realize that their words have repercussions, even "in the heat of the moment."

Hence my characterization of the nurse as "stupid".

Of course, we both know the police officer knew she wasn't actually threatening him. He made the complaint simply to screw with the nurse, who was angry at getting stopped. Hence my characterization of the cop as a "douchebag".

Some people need to grow the fu@# up.

I work in healthcare. Stupid move on the nurse's part.

My friend's mom is an LT for a downstate police dept and she has repeatedly said that before she made the rank she would let doctors, nurses and EMTs go because you never know what could happen.

I work in healthcare. Stupid move on the nurse's part.

My friend's mom is an LT for a downstate police dept and she has repeatedly said that before she made the rank she would let doctors, nurses and EMTs go because you never know what could happen.

Do you recall the vindictive cop story arc from House a couple/few years ago?

Cop pulls over nurse for speeding.

Nurse reportedly tells cop "I hope you are not ever my patient."

Cop reports nurse's comment to hospital...he feels 'threatened'.

Nurse fired.

Thoughts?

Link

Nurse had it coming, she used her profession to make a "threat" to the officer. Sure, the officer probably should have brushed it off but he's free to report it.

Now reverse it.

Cop is in the hospital, nurse takes a little too long, is having a bad day and is being a little snippy.

Cop is annoyed and tells the nurse I hope I never see you driving through my town. Nurse reports to the police that she feels threatened. Would we be questioning that?

Nurse had it coming, she used her profession to make a "threat" to the officer. Sure, the officer probably should have brushed it off but he's free to report it.

Now reverse it.

Cop is in the hospital, nurse takes a little too long, is having a bad day and is being a little snippy.

Cop is annoyed and tells the nurse I hope I never see you driving through my town. Nurse reports to the police that she feels threatened. Would we be questioning that?

+ 100

Thank you. I was going to post the exact same thing. Cop stops nurse for breaking the law (moving violation) and she feels it's appropriate to threaten him. I think the cop was right on. He actually could have probably arrested her.

Douche bag nurse.

Edited by BB27

+ 100

Thank you. I was going to post the exact same thing. Cop stops nurse for breaking the law (moving violation) and she feels it's appropriate to threaten him. I think the cop was right on. He actually could have probably arrested her.

Douche bag nurse.

I side with the cop. She was way out of line for saying that. With that said, what a kitty of a cop.

Not a Nurse and a Cop, but a Dentist and a mayor's wife.

A new Dentist in town gets all excited when the mayor's wife makes an appointment to see him.

He knows if he does a good job and she's pleased, her referral will mean a good head start for him establishing his practice.

She arrives for the appointment, sit in the chair and he leans her back.

While he begins examining her teeth, he feels her hand sliding up his inner thigh.

He's a little flustered, but he doesn't want to make a blunder that would cause a scene and lose her as a patient and her referrals.

So he plays nonchalant and says nothing.

But the mayor's wife continues moving her hand up until she's got the Dentist's sac grasped in her hand.

The Dentist simply can't ignore it any longer. He stops and says, "Is there something wrong?"

To which the mayor's wife said sweetly, "Now, we wouldn't want to hurt each other, would we?"

I don't see the difference -- in both cases, the idea that someone is being "threatened" is ridiculous.

If she had said, "You better hope you're never my patient," that might be a LITTLE different, but even then - grow up.

I don't see the difference -- in both cases, the idea that someone is being "threatened" is ridiculous.

If she had said, "You better hope you're never my patient," that might be a LITTLE different, but even then - grow up.

You don't see the difference, but there are always a good number of cop haters that come out when something like the reverse happens. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of it for those people.

Cop pulls over nurse for speeding.

Nurse reportedly tells cop "I hope you are not ever my patient."

Cop reports nurse's comment to hospital...he feels 'threatened'.

Nurse fired.

Thoughts?

Link

Turn around is fair play... Cops have been doing it for years. Bottom line is that especially in both these professions, everybody wants to be made to feel "special" and cut some slack...

Many moons ago we had a boat with drunken CPD off-duty cops on board... The pleasure craft they were on went in when we were locking barges filled with petrol product (about 3200 gallon of gasoline... Imagine if that would have went off from a spark of an engine or somebody blazing a cig/cigar/weapon/whatever)... They wouldn't leave and wait till we could handle recreational craft... It was a standoff... Thank God they were not near the tow during the orderal... USCG, and finally their supervisor (a Lt.) was called in to talk them out after about 3 hours. You should have heard the threats of violence (got to the point of phsical violence by the cops with weapons being shown) and reprisal... One just made sure to come into to work doing the speed limit... ;)

Again, everybody wants to be made to feel special. This happened almost 20 years ago and not one peep... I guess times have changed.

Now reverse it.

Would the cop be fired?... :lol: 100% not!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois