Terrence McGee

While McGee is doing a superb job as a return man, it's the blocking on return teams that has impressed me to a higher (or even much higher) degree. After too many years watching our return men running up the backs of their blockers it's clear April is absolutely solid on return timing adn the teaching of it, and given the better athletes the team has been willing to offer him on STs has made our return game very dangerous in short order. IMO if we brought in other return men to play in our unit we'd still be far more dangerous than would McGee playing behind, for instance, the Falcons return team. It's another example as far as I'm concerened of the fixation on the ball we all as fans find ourselves slave to at times. Now there's no doubt that McGee has an excellent shot at the Pro Bowl spot in the AFC, but like most of those before him he'd really be representing the blockers from his return unit in Hawaii.

While McGee is doing a superb job as a return man, it's the blocking on return teams that has impressed me to a higher (or even much higher) degree. After too many years watching our return men running up the backs of their blockers it's clear April is absolutely solid on return timing adn the teaching of it, and given the better athletes the team has been willing to offer him on STs has made our return game very dangerous in short order. IMO if we brought in other return men to play in our unit we'd still be far more dangerous than would McGee playing behind, for instance, the Falcons return team. It's another example as far as I'm concerened of the fixation on the ball we all as fans find ourselves slave to at times. Now there's no doubt that McGee has an excellent shot at the Pro Bowl spot in the AFC, but like most of those before him he'd really be representing the blockers from his return unit in Hawaii.

149477[/snapback]

You got that right and until yesterday they had dominated the opposition in that facet of the game. While I didn't think A. Brown was a very good football player, the blocking in front of him was absolutely abysmal. Seeing London Fletcher out there absolutely DESTROYING people on KR is awesome.

You got that right and until yesterday they had dominated the opposition in that facet of the game.  While I didn't think A. Brown was a very good football player, the blocking in front of him was absolutely abysmal.  Seeing London Fletcher out there absolutely DESTROYING people on KR is awesome.

149498[/snapback]

I'll tell you what's funny about that- Fletcher actually has a higher average than Atlanta's regular return man at 21.7 yards per return!