Just how great is mcgahee?

Corp000085

He tore his knee and came back.. bla bla bla... get over that, cause this is IMPRESSIVE.

Dude's a rookie. Dude doesn't start till november. Dude is 183 yards shy of 1000 with 4 games left. 183/4=45.75. Dude needs to average 45.75 yards in his next 4 games to get to 1000 yards. That's friggin impressive. Willis should start to specify the color of the giftwrap for his comeback player of the year award.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6359

He's averaging a paltry 3.8 yards per carry. That's far less than average for the top backs in this league.

149171[/snapback]

It sounds like you need a little perspective. They showed a stat yesterday that Willis has the most rushes for negative yardage of any starting RB in the AFC. That shows that he is playing behind a still inferior O-line. Yes the line has improved in pass protection. But the run blocking is weak, especially between the tackles. Willis is making yards on his own, which makes his stats even more impressive. He doesn't have the benefit of Philadelphia, KC's or Pittsburghs Oline. The kid is a true talent. B)

The bottom line is this....

- Right now.....Willis Magehee is in the top 10 category of running backs.....and when I talk running backs I am talking the WHOLE job....not just ypc but also in receiving and blitz pickup......

- IF HE REALLY DOES HAVE MORE SPEED ON THE WAY......you could be looking at the best running back in the NFL in 2 years......

It sounds like you need a little perspective. They showed a stat yesterday that Willis has the most rushes for negative yardage of any starting RB in the AFC. That shows that he is playing behind a still inferior O-line.

Or that he's picking the wrong hole to run thru .......

john, i think we're looking at the infancy of greatness.

149326[/snapback]

It's exciting to be here at the beginning. you can almost sense it, can't you?

I just feel like in about 20 years, he will have a spot in Canton...

This is JUST THE BEGINNING!! <_<:doh: :doh:

I think what a lot of people forget is that this is technically McGahee's rookie year. He has to go through the exact same growing pains that every other rookie RB has to go through, such as adjusting to the speed and reading defenses quicker. What amazes me is that he already has such a great grasp of the NFL game, in a few years when he's totally adjusted and his knee is back at 100%, he is going to tear the league up.