Montana woman fights off bear with zucchini

Beerball

I don't blame the bear, who likes zucchini! :sick:

Anyway... Why is the story so screwy... They say how she was attacked by a smallish (about 200 pounds) black bear and then they show a brown (grizzly) in the photo. :wallbash:

Nice spin. Big diff IMO. Still easier to ward off then a brown and believe me, I warded off many a black bear... But the part I have been lucky with is that they weren't "attacks"... Just ones digging around looking for crap of yours to get into too...

"Compared to brown bear attacks, violent encounters with black bears rarely lead to serious injury. However, the majority of black bear attacks tend to be motivated by hunger rather than territoriality, and thus victims have a higher probability of surviving by fighting back rather than submitting."

I don't blame the bear, who likes zucchini! :sick:

Anyway... Why is the story so screwy... They say how she was attacked by a smallish (about 200 pounds) black bear and then they show a brown (grizzly) in the photo. :wallbash:

Nice spin. Big diff IMO. Still easier to ward off then a brown and believe me, I warded off many a black bear... But the part I have been lucky with is that they weren't "attacks"... Just ones digging around looking for crap of yours to get into too...

"Compared to brown bear attacks, violent encounters with black bears rarely lead to serious injury. However, the majority of black bear attacks tend to be motivated by hunger rather than territoriality, and thus victims have a higher probability of surviving by fighting back rather than submitting."

I love courgettes, oh pardon...zucchini. The best thing I ate last month in WNY was a simple steamed zucchini pulled right from my sister's garden.

zu

I love courgettes, oh pardon...zucchini. The best thing I ate last month in WNY was a simple steamed zucchini pulled right from my sister's garden.

It is strange... My absolute favorite veggies are cucumbers (and of course dill pickles :blush: )... Yet, I don't like zucchini... UNLESS they are battered and deep fried (defeats the purpose I suppose). I like other types of squash though. Maybe it is becausemy mother would make zucchini bread all the time from one's grown in the garden... Then again, she dilled cucumbers too... Go figure!

Did you ever have a deep fried dill pickel?... Not one of my finer eating moments, but pretty good.

zu

It is strange... My absolute favorite veggies are cucumbers (and of course dill pickles :blush: )... Yet, I don't like zucchini... UNLESS they are battered and deep fried (defeats the purpose I suppose). I like other types of squash though. Maybe it is becausemy mother would make zucchini bread all the time from one's grown in the garden... Then again, she dilled cucumbers too... Go figure!

Did you ever have a deep fried dill pickel?... Not one of my finer eating moments, but pretty good.

Really the only thing cucumbers and zucchini have in common is the shape.