I'm not a conspiracy guy, but this is fascinating

drinkTHEkoolaid

I'm not all about aliens and UFOs but in my mind the possibility exists. The universe is so vast and huge it's difficult to comprehend, and in such a massive amount of area i find it mathematically im-probable that there is not other advanced life out there.

and stories like this ;

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/ufos-visited-nuclear-weapons-sites-former-air-force-officers-say/19642199?test=latestnews

are a bit alarming.

First is it is coming from multiple witnesses who all seem to agree on the same story. And for those who are not familiar with the military some of the people making these claims are high level officers who's entire career is based on honesty and integrity. These are not just some whack jobs spewing garbage from their mouths. So there has to be an inherant amount of plausability established in this story.

If this story is true, i'm not sure what frightens me more. That aliens really have visited the planet (also meaning they exist and have superior technology) or that they seem interested in defeating our most powerful weapons for who knows what purpose.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Riddle me this, UFO believers...if this supposed alien culture is so advanced that they've mastered FREAKIN INTERSTELLAR TRANSIT, what could they possibly want from us? We would be lower than insects to them.

I sometimes step on insects just for fun.

Riddle me this, UFO believers...if this supposed alien culture is so advanced that they've mastered FREAKIN INTERSTELLAR TRANSIT, what could they possibly want from us? We would be lower than insects to them.

Resources. Back in Columbus' day it was gold. Who knows what alien life would covet, but maybe this planet has it. (Not saying I believe in the whole Alien visitation stuff.)

We're sending probes to other planets/moons looking for microbial life. Why would aliens visiting earth looking at us be lame...?

Or maybe it is us, sent from the future to the past in order to disable the missiles that were going to destroy the planet, and thus our future selves! :ph34r: :ph34r:

Resources. Back in Columbus' day it was gold. Who knows what alien life would covet, but maybe this planet has it. (Not saying I believe in the whole Alien visitation stuff.)

exactly.

whats interesting is the reliable sources this story is coming from. to be an officer at a nuclear base you would need to have top secret security clearance. that means you have had EXTENSIVE background checks, credit checks, character refrences, investigations and/or lie detectors. If people who have gone through that type of screening all agree on the same, potentially earth shattering stories that frightens me.

the first thing any military would do would be to degrade their enemies defensive capability. without nukes it would be like having a slingshot against an M1 Abrams. not going to end well...

Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind!

And if they've been coming to Earth for decades and just disabling nuclear weapons, it stands to reason that they don't want our resources (at least not yet) and are trying to prevent nuclear war. So don't fret too much.

Edited by Doc

Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind!

And if they've been coming to Earth for decades and just disabling nuclear weapons, it stands to reason that they don't want our resources (at least not yet) and are trying to prevent nuclear war. So don't fret too much.

they were not disabling ALL nukes, just some at particular bases.

If anything that would give more evidence to "they are learning our capabilities to beat our defenses"

To paraphrase Stephen Hawking, you'd better hope that advanced civilizations dont come to Earth. Look how well that turned out for the Indians when Columbus came to North America.

First of all, I don't believe that space aliens are among us.

If they were, I don't get the assumption that their intentions would necessarily be sinister. That's dangerously narrow-minded. If another civilization of beings could conquer the vastness of space (and presumably the speed of light), why not grant also that they might rise above the pathetic self-destructive tendencies that our own dumbass species is riddled with?

Why assume they are LIKE US? Why assume they are fundamentally BAD? It's just as likely that they would want to help us.

It's a projection. It's based on an incomplete and fatalistic conception of our own species. And it projects it onto a hypothetical and supposedly far superior species.

Stephen Hawking seems to have settled into this pop cosmology thing. He's turned into the Andy Rooney of the physics world.

They want your sperm which immediately puts them at the front of the line ahead of any terrestrial life forms.

BTW--photo #7 sealed the deal for me.

If they were, I don't get the assumption that their intentions would necessarily be sinister. That's dangerously narrow-minded. If another civilization of beings could conquer the vastness of space (and presumably the speed of light), why not grant also that they might rise above the pathetic self-destructive tendencies that our own dumbass species is riddled with?

Why assume they are LIKE US? Why assume they are fundamentally BAD? It's just as likely that they would want to help us.

It's a projection. It's based on an incomplete and fatalistic conception of our own species. And it projects it onto a hypothetical and supposedly far superior species.

Stephen Hawking seems to have settled into this pop cosmology thing. He's turned into the Andy Rooney of the physics world.

This, although I admit the possibility they might be among us. I just seriously doubt it. Otherwise, well said and I am in complete agreement.

all this time I thought it was spices

If they were, I don't get the assumption that their intentions would necessarily be sinister. Whos to say what they consider sinister? That's dangerously narrow-minded. If another civilization of beings could conquer the vastness of space (and presumably the speed of light), why not grant also that they might rise above the pathetic self-destructive tendencies that our own dumbass species is riddled with? Like when the railroad (conquering the vastness of space) enabled hunters to wipe out the Buffalo herds the 'natives' depended upon.

It's a projection. It's based on an incomplete and fatalistic conception of our own species. And it projects it onto a hypothetical and supposedly far superior species. If they got here, they ARE far superior.