Steve Jobs: "Leave us alone."

ExiledInIllinois

You're right, just like a steak is a steak, same exact things.

I consider the Apple to be of lesser cut. I never got the "hip" thing about Apples. Seems you can do the same exact thing, of course many times better, and cheaper in so many ways. Look at the IPod... Why would anybody waste thier money on it when a mp3 player is so much better and just as easy to use. I am not advocating getting your music for free... But the option is always there. There is so much more flexibility with PC based stuff. One is buyin' into the brand of Apple IMO. I just think Apple is and has always been totally hypocritical. It takes a thief to stop a thief and that is exactly what they bought into when it comes to intellectual property rights and this whole ITunes thing.

Apple knows this better than anybody else, gotta hand it to them:

"...Hey, hey, give 'em what they want.

So their eyes are growing hazy

'cos they wanna turn it on,

so their minds are soft and lazy.

Well, hey, give 'em what they want."

As a society we are becoming more and more willfully fascist when it comes to this kind of stuff. Even posting those lyrics with what should be a simple cut and paste move is becoming a harder and harder chore. I will probably hear it for not citing it "properly."

Two words: Lawyers suck.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is trying to say, "Same hardware and a different O/S for 3 times the price." Which has some validity. Apple has some nice bells and whistles though and depending on what application you are trying to use, can be better.

Pretty much except I left it open because you can use the OS of a Mac on a PC. People forget that. I mean it is just an OS. You can run Linux on a Mac, as well. I know people who do.

Apple is great to inovate, there is no question, but not everything is their inovation they are just well-funded enough to advertise it more. There were MP3 players before the Ipod. There were computer mice before Apple used them - and Apple really didn't have a "real" mouse. Apple just takes a product, puts on a really catchy song to associate, and rams that shiz down your throat insisting it is the best tasting shiz you'll ever get.

Oh, and a steak is a steak when you prepare it well you will always have a good meal. Your analogy would have worked better if you said a cow is a cow. They all look about alike, they all are made about the same but they can very is so many ways that the difference becomes how you use them. Steaks are just steaks, a by-product of good grass.

He is trying to say, "Same hardware and a different O/S for 3 times the price." Which has some validity. Apple has some nice bells and whistles though and depending on what application you are trying to use, can be better.

I understood what he was saying, just not why he was saying it.

Yet, all she is doing is asking Apple's public relation's department to reply...

Yeah, this is pretty much the point and why Apple is wrong. Unless there is some other reason why the Apple Public Relations dept. decided to ignore......a member of the public.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, this is pretty much the point and why Apple is wrong. Unless there is some other reason why the Apple Public Relations dept. decided to ignore......a member of the public.

:rolleyes:

At least the PR department can give her the courtesy and tell her to go pound salt. At least give her a form letter reason why. I understand Apple's point... But the silent treatment is never good, it always comes back to bite one in the ass... As you can see here.

Apple is (or will be soon) the "big dog" now... They are going to have to figure out how to handle stuff like this... No more whipping boy Microsoft to be the lightning rod.

I don't mind Apple products....OK I was pissed when I had an iPod that I HAD to use iTunes. Now with my SONY I can use the software or just drag and drop.

My issue with Apple is the fanboys and the company acting like they are a social movement.

I don't mind Apple products....OK I was pissed when I had an iPod that I HAD to use iTunes. Now with my SONY I can use the software or just drag and drop.

My issue with Apple is the fanboys and the company acting like they are a social movement.

You can use other programs to manage your iPod.

You can use other programs to manage your iPod.

Maybe now you can however when I called customer service just to ask I was told only iTunes would work.

No big deal, I love my current mp3 player that was about half the cost for the same storage capacity.

I consider the Apple to be of lesser cut. I never got the "hip" thing about Apples. Seems you can do the same exact thing, of course many times better, and cheaper in so many ways. Look at the IPod... Why would anybody waste thier money on it when a mp3 player is so much better and just as easy to use. I am not advocating getting your music for free... But the option is always there. There is so much more flexibility with PC based stuff. One is buyin' into the brand of Apple IMO. I just think Apple is and has always been totally hypocritical. It takes a thief to stop a thief and that is exactly what they bought into when it comes to intellectual property rights and this whole ITunes thing.

Apple knows this better than anybody else, gotta hand it to them:

"...Hey, hey, give 'em what they want.

So their eyes are growing hazy

'cos they wanna turn it on,

so their minds are soft and lazy.

Well, hey, give 'em what they want."

As a society we are becoming more and more willfully fascist when it comes to this kind of stuff. Even posting those lyrics with what should be a simple cut and paste move is becoming a harder and harder chore. I will probably hear it for not citing it "properly."

Two words: Lawyers suck.

:blink:

This is why I gave away my ipod. Went to something else. Never looked back.