Game of the Week question

How does the league decide what two games are the game of the week. I'm assuming it has to be a game that was broadcast in HD? When I was younger it used to be whatever they thought was the most closely contested battle, but it seems now that the score is not as relevant as the hype for a game.

I think we have a better chance of seeing the shtty packers game over the bills this week.

What exactly is a Game of The Week? I guess it's the Mon/Sun games, or some team that gets jammed down the throats of nation-wide viewers regardless of local interest, e.g. GB and DAL.

I think that any game of the week is that, that will have the most possibility for advertising revenue...

What exactly is a Game of The Week? I guess it's the Mon/Sun games, or some team that gets jammed down the throats of nation-wide viewers regardless of local interest, e.g. GB and DAL.

I think that any game of the week is that, that will have the most possibility for advertising revenue...

148875[/snapback]

I believe he is referring to the game that is shown nationwide except for the other cities that have a football team playing at that time.

For example, last week, Buffalo was televised on CBS. Most everywhere.

I am lucky enough to have a Miami game on at the same time, and had to watch that garbage. (the Mia/SF game). Otherwise (say they phags had played at 1:00 or it was a home game that would not have been sold out) I would have got to watch the BIlls.

I believe he is referring to the game that is shown nationwide except for the other cities that have a football team playing at that time.

For example, last week, Buffalo was televised on CBS. Most everywhere.

I am lucky enough to have a Miami game on at the same time, and had to watch that garbage. (the Mia/SF game). Otherwise (say they phags had played at 1:00 or it was a home game that would not have been sold out) I would have got to watch the BIlls.

148895[/snapback]

I assume that he means the game that is replayed mid-week on NFLTV. Course I could be full of stojan. For the record, I don't know how they pick the NFLTV game.

usually the most exciting game, closely contested.... this week will almost certainly be Steelers/Jags.... but may be the bengals game. I was hoping for us, but with these two games going down to the last seconds, one of these will be chosen and aired...just my 2 cents

I never noticed the correlation between the GOW and the few that were simulcast in HD, but it makes sense that the network would want to emphasize its bells and whistles. I think they've done a pretty good job of selecting thier two games so far, usually selecting a pair that were competitive the whole way through. The only disappontment I've had is that they didn's select teh Bills first game vs the Pats. That was a hugely entertaining game with a little bit of everything.

My guess this week is Colts/Titans(eventually got away from Tennesse but very entertaining nonetheless) and Stillers/Jags(really physical with a good ending).

Cya