New York Giants have given up

DreamOnDan

Jeremy Shockey went public last week saying that the Giants don't play with heart or confidence since switching to Eli. I watched a lot of the game because I had the Redskins Defense in fantasy. The GIANTs looked so bad with Eli that it bothered me even though it was to my success. After the game Amani Toomer was interviewed and just looked terrible. He was asked why didn't the Giants do this, why didn't the Giants do that? His responses were the same to every question, "I don't know, that's the best I can do right now. I just don't know." Tom Coughlin has torn this team apart. Putting Eli Manning in when they were looking like a lock for the playoffs might cost him his job. It is plain and obvious that the team just didn't respond to that really bad move. Watching analysts talk about it, they all agree that Eli isn't ready and Warner should be the qb. But they also realize that Tom won't go back to Kurt and they have already scratched at team from the playoffs when they have a record in a bad NFC that should be strongly considerd for the playoff hunt. All that I can translate this to is that Mularkey did the right thing by keeping Bledsoe and it is absolute death to your season to put in a rookie. I'm sure some people including myself, immeadiatly think about BIg Ben's success in Pittsburgh. The fact of the matter is it is different in Pittsburgh than it is in BUffalo or New York. Pittsburgh has the #1 rush offense + the #1 defense in the league. I can't wait for the JP era to begin. But as long as the Bills are winning, I fully support Mike Mularkey's decisions and I will continue to believe that Drew Bledsoe still has it. One thing that we all seem to have forgotten is the fact that Mularkey and Clements coached Kordell into the Pro Bowl, and led Tommy sucks way worse than Bledsoe Maddux to a great season and NFL comeback player of the year honors. I believe that the system that we have in place is best fit for Bledsoe, and I believe that when Td was telling Ice before the Jax game that by the end of the year our offensive problems won't be problems anymore, he said that knowing that Drew Bledsoe would be the cause of the transition. I have a JP jersey, I want JP to be the future of this franchise, and I hope it isn't anytime soon.

Coughlin will have the last laugh when Eli leads them to Super Bowl victory next year because he got the playing time this year.

148816[/snapback]

Oh that's right! Silly me. :devil: After all, nobody could ever win a SB with Warner at quarterback, so it was smart to make that change.

Coughlin will have the last laugh when Eli leads them to Super Bowl victory next year because he got the playing time this year.

You forgot the :devil: . The Gints ain't going anywhere for awhile, not with a bad O-line, cap issues, and no #1 pick.

As for the Giants, Coughlin's style quickly wore thin on them after it looked like they were responding early. However the season ended when Strahan went down and with Warner's declining play. The best move at THAT point was to insert Manning because they weren't going to make the playoffs regardless. However with Manning playing like sh-- and players now coming out and saying they've quit, Coughlin looks like even more of an idiot.

Aw, c'mon.  At the week 8 mark Coughlin was a friggin' genius around here and we were saddled with dumb ol' Mularkey, who was only signed to get back at the Stillers.

Welcome to the Retard Rodeo, cowpoke.

148811[/snapback]

He might have been a friggin' genius in Alaska, but he hasn't been a genius around here. He had his team playing within themselves, in a system that could have gotten them into the playoffs. Then he ruined everything, by one terrible move. The Giants can't even run the ball with Eli in there. Why? Absolutely no respect for Eli. I never read a post that stated that Mularkey was signed to (get back at Pittsburgh?) When you have one of the best rushing attacks in football and you are winning games, why change at QB? People think that the QB doesn't have any efects on the Running game. Well I guess we'll see. I predict that with Bledsoe's new found "game", Willis will have bigger and better days as the season wears on.Bledsoe has proven in recent weeks that you can't sit there and Blitz the Bills all day and win anymore. I like that.

One thing that we all seem to have forgotten is the fact that Mularkey and Clements coached Kordell into the Pro Bowl, and led Tommy sucks way worse than Bledsoe Maddux to a great season and NFL comeback player of the year honors.

148809[/snapback]

I get your point, but why bad-mouth Maddox? He came out of nowhere and got Pit into the playoffs with a good season.

No, not the qb of the future, but give credit where due...

He might have been a friggin' genius in Alaska, but he hasn't been a genius around here.  He had his team playing within themselves, in a system that could have gotten them into the playoffs.  Then he ruined everything, by one terrible move.  The Giants can't even run the ball with Eli in there.  Why?  Absolutely no respect for Eli.  I never read a post that stated that Mularkey was signed to (get back at Pittsburgh?)  When you have one of the best rushing attacks in football and you are winning games, why change at QB?  People think that the QB doesn't have any efects on the Running game.  Well I guess we'll see.  I predict that with Bledsoe's new found "game", Willis will have bigger and better days as the season wears on.Bledsoe has proven in recent weeks that you can't sit there and Blitz the Bills all day and win anymore.  I like that.

148829[/snapback]

I don't know. I think that teams are NOT bltizing Bledsoe because they're worried about him handing the ball-off to McGahee, who can take it outside, unlike Henry who was a straight-up-the-middle runner, so the blitzer would either get him OR Bledsoe. I mean the stark contrast between Travis starting and Willis starting WRT sacks given up is amazing, and it happened with Willis' 1st start.

As for the Gints, again they were finished when Strahan went down and with Warner's declining play. The Gints didn't replace Warner for no reason.

I'm not trying to badmouth Maddux, but I'm just trying to point out the fact that he isn't nearly as talented as Bledsoe. Seriously, I think that some people would rather have Maddux at QB. I don't know what there logic is... I mean, why hate Drew? I said it once and I'll say it a hundred more times, I am really excited about JP Losman. I just think that MM and TC can bring Bledsoe back to stardom. If you think about it, it would mean great things for Bledsoe to lead this team to a 9-7 record this season, and then into the playoffs next year. JP would be clearly ready to go in 06. Bledsoe will warrant a nice draft pick ar positional player that we will need at that time. And the Bills will be on a winning note and good track for JP to start his career. I'd rather see JP step into a good situation than anything.

He might have been a friggin' genius in Alaska, but he hasn't been a genius around here.  He had his team playing within themselves, in a system that could have gotten them into the playoffs.  Then he ruined everything, by one terrible move.  The Giants can't even run the ball with Eli in there.  Why?  Absolutely no respect for Eli.  I never read a post that stated that Mularkey was signed to (get back at Pittsburgh?)  When you have one of the best rushing attacks in football and you are winning games, why change at QB?  People think that the QB doesn't have any efects on the Running game.  Well I guess we'll see.  I predict that with Bledsoe's new found "game", Willis will have bigger and better days as the season wears on.Bledsoe has proven in recent weeks that you can't sit there and Blitz the Bills all day and win anymore.  I like that.

148829[/snapback]

I really wish the search feature was enabled because there were numerous post lauding Coughlin for having the Giants 5-2 and criticizing TD for not hiring him because he "obviously" wanted the BILLS job.

I don't disagree with the rest of your post. The way to beat the BILLS early in the season was to load the box and have everyone except the outside corners take a step forward to start the play - daring Bledsoe to beat them. The pass outside to clinch the Jets game to Evans may have been Drew's turning point.

I don't even believe an ounce of the statements involving the Giants season being over as soon as Strahan got hurt. If all teams gave up because their best player got hurt, nobody would be in the playoffs. Injuries happen, they are something that happens to every team. If you can't overcome it, it is your coaches fault. I am clearly alone on this subject but still feel that I am right. But I guess that goes with my personality.

I don't even believe an ounce of the statements involving the Giants season being over as soon as Strahan got hurt.  If all teams gave up because their best player got hurt, nobody would be in the playoffs.  Injuries happen, they are something that happens to every team.  If you can't overcome it, it is your coaches fault.  I am clearly alone on this subject but still feel that I am right.  But I guess that goes with my personality.

148862[/snapback]

Strahan is the leader of that team, thus the leader of that defense, and the best player on the Giants. Losing him was HUGE! However I also talked about Warner's declining play, which taken with the loss of Strahan, meant season over. Coughlin was billsfanone no matter which way he went. And what compounded thing is that while he's good with college or upstart franchises, i.e. people he can more easily control, his act wears thin with established players. That's why I didn't want the Bills to get him, and I knew he hadn't changed even though he claimed he had. You cannot change your basic nature.

Hey as bad as that is now, the Giants are playing their starter for years to come. We all know with the way Warner was playing they weren't going to win too many more games.

The worst of all is Denny Green in Arizona. He took a 4-5 team that had won 3 of 4 and now lost 3 straight with Shaun King and Navarre. I mean what is THAT?!? He goes into the season touting McCown as the guy and then he just throws the season in the toilet? If he was a new coach he would be getting destroyed on every NFL show in America but since he is Denny Green, it hasn't gotten too much bad pub.

Not all of the Giants troubles can be blamed on Manning. The play-calling has been suspicious as well. For example, last week against the Eagles, when it was still a game, Manning completed a long pass to Schockey [i think] that set up a first and goal from the 5. Rather than try to pound the ball a few times, the Giants called a pass on 1st down, and Manning threw a bad interception. But why put all the pressure on your rookie QB in that situation? Why not try at least one run, or three? You can’t get 5 yards on three runs?