Time Warner Cable = cheap bastards

DonInBuffalo

I think I have things in perspective here. I was mistaken about the source of my problem. As it turns out, they weren't compressing the signal; I was simply dealing with a few inept employees who gave me a mistaken impression of what the real problem was that I was dealing with.

Two of the people who work for Time Warner who participate here chose to be helpful to me in resolving my issue. I thanked them appropriately. Others chose to just be obnoxious jerks, mocking the issue I was dealing with, without offering any constructive help whatsoever, I and I responded in kind.

Lighten up Dagwood

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have things in perspective here. I was mistaken about the source of my problem. As it turns out, they weren't compressing the signal; I was simply dealing with a few inept employees who gave me a mistaken impression of what the real problem was that I was dealing with.

Two of the people who work for Time Warner who participate here chose to be helpful to me in resolving my issue. I thanked them appropriately. Others chose to just be obnoxious jerks, mocking the issue I was dealing with, without offering any constructive help whatsoever, I and I responded in kind.

And yet you still have the "cheap bastards" and "TW compressing the signal" in the subject line. :lol:

Nope, you still need some perspective. If you would have come out and asked for help from the start, you would have gotten it, the thread would be over, and people would have been pleasant. Instead you started off your original post like a jackass, so you got jackassery in response.

Be fair, he probably does not know how to edit it. Not even sure he can edit it anymore. Pretty sure he cannot actually.

Ok, let me rephrase -

He still hasn't edited his initial post. :)

I know he cannot do that, 30 minute limit I think. A my bad post would do it IMO.

Correct, the new board software only allows edits within a certain amount of time after posting. And he did sort of apoligize already...

Yup - the subject also says "compressing their signal."

Pretty cut and dry to me. It doesn't say, "My picture's not as good as before this new box, please help"

BTW, we still love the posters that work for TW, despite the fact that they work at TW. (Hi Harriet! :D )

WTF!? My name isn't Harriet!!!

Actually I find it quite funny as all too often even the customers I deal with on the phone barely pay attention and often get my name wrong as it's Brian but I get people calling me Ryan all the time but the worst might have been Diane. One thing is you need to learn that ribbing online should never be taken seriously.

Your first mistake was coming anywhere near this board for advice or help. That's why whenever I travel I start a thread here: I'm heading to __________. Thanks but I don't need any advice on what to do.

Your first mistake was coming anywhere near this board for advice or help. That's why whenever I travel I start a thread here: I'm heading to __________. Thanks but I don't need any advice on what to do.

That is wrong. You can get good advice here, you just have to ask in the right way. Hell, Don got good advice even with the wrong attitude, he just got a ration of **** along with the advice.

Edited by Booster4324