Good Fitz vs. Bad Fitz

Big Turk

Basically, Fitzpatrick is either good or he sucks in any given game. He rarely has a game where is OK. His QB rating is either in the high 80's+, or under 60. So we are going to be watching several more games this year that are as bad or worse as Edwards play was, but we will at least see some games where he is much better than Edwards has been, and he is definitely not afraid to let the ball fly. He is much less accurate and completes less passes. Regardless, I think he is much better than Edwards. AT least he looks like an NFL QB. Not a very good, but an NFL QB nonetheless.

Basically, Fitzpatrick is either good or he sucks in any given game. He rarely has a game where is OK. His QB rating is either in the high 80's+, or under 60. So we are going to be watching several more games this year that are as bad or worse as Edwards play was, but we will at least see some games where he is much better than Edwards has been, and he is definitely not afraid to let the ball fly. He is much less accurate and completes less passes. Regardless, I think he is much better than Edwards. AT least he looks like an NFL QB. Not a very good, but an NFL QB nonetheless.

Yes, a legitimate NFL backup for sure...played well last season after Edwards was relieved of his starting role. Gailey has pulled the trigger on that early, the right call in my view. Fitz will get a few games....if the season is gone, then they will find out about Brohm...so they know if anybody is worth signing for the next season, whenever that is.

There's the possibility that the team will rally around Fitz this week. Chan's "spark" comment is a cliche, but there's some truth to it.

I often feel like Trent's dull, cautious play messes with the confidence of the entire offensive unit. It tends to bring out the worst in the other guys. Not necessarily that they don't like Trent or don't want to play hard for him... just that the losing mentality is contagious. Maybe Fitzy will get guys excited.

Then again, maybe it will be a disaster just like weeks 1 & 2.

Either way, I'm glad for the move. At least now I have a reason to be curious.