Lynch poll

dave mcbride

What team will Lynch be on next Sunday?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What team will Lynch be on next Sunday?

Why would Green Bay trade a starting-caliber OT for a running back in this league? I don't get it at all. If they want to overpay like that, they're more than welcome, but I don't think they'd at all be getting the kind of value you look for in a trade. I guess if they think Marshawn is a top-5 back on a terrible team, it's a possibility, but it's unlikely IMO.

Why would Green Bay trade a starting-caliber OT for a running back in this league? I don't get it at all. If they want to overpay like that, they're more than welcome, but I don't think they'd at all be getting the kind of value you look for in a trade. I guess if they think Marshawn is a top-5 back on a terrible team, it's a possibility, but it's unlikely IMO.

Lynch is a quality player, and they need a RB. They're hoping to go to the SB this year, and they need a horse. Whatever you think of Lynch as a person, he's a quality NFL RB. If I'm the Packers, why not give up TJ Lang ( http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12680 )? He has some promise, but he's not a starter. From the Packers' perspective, it's a winner - they're getting a player at a position of need who's a better football player than the guy they're trading. From the Bills' perspective, it works too (although less well): they'd be getting an inferior player but at a position of desperate need and unloading a good player at a position they're overstocked at.

Lynch is a quality player, and they need a RB. They're hoping to go to the SB this year, and they need a horse. Whatever you think of Lynch as a person, he's a quality NFL RB. If I'm the Packers, why not give up TJ Lang ( http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12680 )? He has some promise, but he's not a starter. From the Packers' perspective, it's a winner - they're getting a player at a position of need who's a better football player than the guy they're trading. From the Bills' perspective, it works too (although less well): they'd be getting an inferior player but at a position of desperate need and unloading a good player at a position they're overstocked at.

Do you think OG is really a position of desperate need? I tend to think they are 'more OK' at the interior positions than at OT. I do think you're correct that this is more likely, though. I don't see GB giving up an OT.

I like Lynch as a back, but I could deal with Lang and a draft pick that escalates with performance in a trade.

I still think RBs are plentiful enough though that they could ride a guy like Joique Bell even to some success. Stranger things have happened.

Slightly related question: can a team 'work out' a guy on another club's practice squad - kick the tires, so to speak?

Do you think OG is really a position of desperate need? I tend to think they are 'more OK' at the interior positions than at OT. I do think you're correct that this is more likely, though. I don't see GB giving up an OT.

I like Lynch as a back, but I could deal with Lang and a draft pick that escalates with performance in a trade.

I still think RBs are plentiful enough though that they could ride a guy like Joique Bell even to some success. Stranger things have happened.

Slightly related question: can a team 'work out' a guy on another club's practice squad - kick the tires, so to speak?

Lang has played some tackle for them, which means he's probably an upgrade over what we have.

I'd like to see the Bills make a move. (I like Lynch, but something needs to be done with OL, QB and LB.) However, I voted he will still be with the Bills, because I don't think they will make the trade.