Thoughts After The Game

tonyd19

I think it might be time to begin considering blowing this team up. Here is what I mean. Some of our veterans are not going to be here when this team can realistically compete in three or so years. It is looking like it may take that long to be competetive again. If we have another terrible showing next week here is who I would consider trading and stock up on as many draft picks and young talent as possible.

1) Lee Evans -resign Chad Jackson

2) Fred Jackson - promote Joquis Bell

3) Ryan Fitzpatrick - activate Brohm

4) Donte Whitner - start Wilson

5) Terrance McGee - start McKelvin

6) Chris Kelsay - start Maybin

7) Drayton Florence- start Corner

8) Marcus Stroud - start Troup and move Williams to DE

It is not that I do not think highly of these guys, I just do not see them helping us long term if we are going to be a 1-15 to 3-13 team this year...and probably will not be competitive until we groom a new QB. We can lose 15 games with or without all of the guys above. If we are truly this bad now, we will not be competitve until at least 2012 or probably more like 2013, when a lot of these guys will be past their prime.

I say give them another week or two to see if they can get better, if not, stockpile as many early picks as possible, let the kids play and get experience this year and let the rebuilding go into full force.

Edited by tonyd19