Pass the Pepto Bismol

bobinaz

Trying to be the optimist here, but that pit in my stomach just keeps getting bigger and bigger as Sunday approaches! I made the mistake of watching the Dolphins game again last night and was still in shock of the dismal play of the offense. Towards the end, the Dolphins defense was rushing just four down lineman and they still got through; bullrushed the Bills O-line. No adjustments made to the offense except giving up on the running game. I think the count was 37 pass plays vs. 14 running plays? Geeze!!!! And here I thought the defense and special teams was going to be the achilles heel that game.

I can only hope that the offense played the way the did was because:

A. New offensive system

B. No game tape to study of the Dolphins defense (although CG said they would watch tapes of Nolan in Denver)

C. O-line still not cohesive enough.

But hope will only get you so far as a fan. I'm not giving up on the team or CG, but there has got to be something better on the horizon for this team this season. Just thinking about how they played last week and picturing it all again this weekend, makes me sick. The constant three and outs, the drive killing penalties, the check downs, you name it. If the running game can get going like the Eagles did last week against the Packers, then the team stands a chance and the passing game will open up as well. I know, same old song and dance, and wishful thinking. But something has got to give and go the Bills way. Where were the plays we saw during the preseason? I know no one game plans or tips their hand, but the offense looked so crisp.

Reading all the posts this week and seeing all the talk about Edwards getting hurt or trading Lynch is getting crazy. I think it would be crazy to trade Lynch. He has experience. We all saw how Spiller played last week. The NFL is going to take some adjusting to for him. So we trade Lynch and bring up Bell from the practice squad. Now you have two RBs that need to adjust and one with experience. As for Trentative (as you all have so kindly dubbed him), I don't see CG giving up on him. He'll have to be knocked out with an injury first. I don't see the other two being really all that much better. Maybe for Brohm, he'd get the NFL experience he needs.

So hopefully Sunday I'll have the Pepto Bismol in hand because I ate too much and not from watching a pathetic offensive performance. GO BILLS!!!!