Want to learn how to pick locks?

Fezmid

I love how you quoted only some of my answers, not the ones where I explained it. You work at the Boston Globe? New York Times? Probably read them....

I love how you're backpedaling. :lol:

I quoted the entire thread -- from quote to quote to quote. You said other things in other posts, yes - but I copied the entire single thread.

If it's illegal to own them outright, then there would be no intent to prove, and thus your comment about "Yeah, tell that to the cop who stops you, I'm sure he'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I know I would. :lol:" would make absolutely NO sense.

JHC! The guy does a little PSA and he gets his chops busted. Un!@#$ing real.

:rolleyes:

Nobody busted his chops for the PSA. It was good information, and I even posted the Wiki about it.

People are busting his chops for saying he'd arrest someone for intent regardless of whether there was really intent or not.

I love how you're backpedaling. :lol:

I quoted the entire thread -- from quote to quote to quote. You said other things in other posts, yes - but I copied the entire single thread.

If it's illegal to own them outright, then there would be no intent to prove, and thus your comment about "Yeah, tell that to the cop who stops you, I'm sure he'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I know I would. :lol:" would make absolutely NO sense.

Nobody busted his chops for the PSA. It was good information, and I even posted the Wiki about it.

People are busting his chops for saying he'd arrest someone for intent regardless of whether there was really intent or not.

The only person busting my chops is you. You took my comment the wrong way and it wasn't aimed at any of your posts :lol:

And, I never said I would arrest someone regardless of intent, you did (I've said this a few times now) I said I would give him the benefit of the doubt :lol: .

Get a life.

Edited by BB27

And, I never said I would arrest someone regardless of intent, you did (I've said this a few times now) I said I would give him the benefit of the doubt :lol: .

Really? Really??? You're now saying that ""Yeah, tell that to the cop who stops you, I'm sure he'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I know I would. :lol:"" means you'd really give someone the benefit of the doubt?

Hilarious!

Really? Really??? You're now saying that ""Yeah, tell that to the cop who stops you, I'm sure he'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I know I would. :lol:"" means you'd really give someone the benefit of the doubt?

Hilarious!

Again, it is another joke. You're not to bright are you?:lol:

Boys .. have a :beer:. What I find interesting about this thread is that there are people that pick locks competitively. I never would have thought of it.

Also reminded me of my friend who was a legit car mechanic - he showed me how easy it was to slimjim a car lock. Hell he opened my door with the thing faster than I could open it with my keys. (This was back when you stuck your key in the side of the door to unlock it vs. electronic lock gadgets of today.)

60 minutes also once did this bit where they put six different kind of "anti-theft" devices in cars then asked known car thieves to show how fast they could defeat the devices. The devices were a mix of either electronic alarms, anti-ignition and physical. One dude had the car started and ready to go in less than four minutes. Including cutting through the club that was on the steering wheel. :doh:

It just showed that if someone both knows what they are doing and is motivated there is little you can do to stop them. Maybe they should have put a 120 pound doberman in the car to slow him down.

Well, if he's in a state where possession is illegal unless you're a locksmith or law enforcement, I can see why he'd arrest someone for just possession. If you can't prove you're a lock smith or a cop, why do you have them?

Side note : I had a Toyota MR2 that I locked the keys in. Called AAA, they came, couldn't get into the car. I figured out how to do it myself, and eventually got so I could get in, in under 20 seconds, with items you can find around the house.

Edited by Just Jack

Side note : I had a Toyota MR2 that I locked the keys in. Called AAA, they came, couldn't get into the car. I figured out how to do it myself, and eventually got so I could get in, in under 20 seconds, with items you can find around the house.

MacGruber?

Well, if he's in a state where possession is illegal unless you're a locksmith or law enforcement, I can see why he'd arrest someone for just possession. If you can't prove you're a lock smith or a cop, why do you have them?

You threw a brick through the passenger side window didn't you?:lol:

Interesting topic. Fezmid, what I'd suggest is you get ten of your buddies to pony up $250 each and have the dude fly in for a two day hands-on training session.

Then, make your own tools. Metal smithing is not that hard. Really. And these tools look pretty basic. What's more important IMV, is the knowledge of how locks work. Without that you're scratching away at a tiny hole with confusing innards and lord knows just what's going to happen.