Such a proud moment....

Magox

Oh ok. What is the exact Section and line of the Constitution that he violated?

Why don't we start with you pointing out where he said the government "violated" the Constitution.

Stupid liberals. Your ability to take conversations down a wabbit hole instead of facing the conversation head on is unmistakeable.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Article 2, Section 2, Clause 2, words 11-15. You !@#$ing idiot.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.

Prior precedent is a B word- and this piddling appointment is what has your panties in a bunch?- not the shredding of the first or fourth amendment, not the nullification of Habeas corpus,not the utter joke that now is the threshold of probable cause, not congresses complete abdication of the responsibility of declaring war, not the relentless weakening of the Posse Comitatus Act, not the patriot act, not the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2003, not the military commissions act of 2006, or even the claim that the President has the authority to assassinate U.S. citizens with no involvement of an federal judge, I have supernatural contempt for you values and priorities.

I thought so.

Tom is right, Fish hunting is an appropriate term depending on how Connor meant it. I watched a guy fire off arrow after arrow and nail every fish he could see. What with the optical illusion of water, I was so impressed. He was like 20-20 and has a wall full of trophies for similar stuff.

Somehow I doubt that is what Connor meant, but still...

Edited by Booster4324

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.

"Advice and Consent of the Senate". Conner asked, I answered, he's a !@#$ing idiot for thinking it's not constitutional.

Prior precedent is a B word-

Yes it is - the Republicans can B word all they want, they're reaping what they sowed with the Bush administration.

and this piddling appointment is what has your panties in a bunch?- not the shredding of the first or fourth amendment, not the nullification of Habeas corpus,not the utter joke that now is the threshold of probable cause, not congresses complete abdication of the responsibility of declaring war, not the relentless weakening of the Posse Comitatus Act, not the patriot act, not the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2003, not the military commissions act of 2006, or even the claim that the President has the authority to assassinate U.S. citizens with no involvement of an federal judge, I have supernatural contempt for you values and priorities.

Ain't my panties that are in a bunch (I was merely observing - again - that Conner's an idiot). And if you pulled your head out of your ass for five minutes you'd find that I'd criticized most if not all of the policies that are on your list (and many more), so save your supernatural contempt for someone who gives a **** what you think.

"Advice and Consent of the Senate". Conner asked, I answered, he's a !@#$ing idiot for thinking it's not constitutional.

Yes it is - the Republicans can B word all they want, they're reaping what they sowed with the Bush administration.

Ain't my panties that are in a bunch (I was merely observing - again - that Conner's an idiot). And if you pulled your head out of your ass for five minutes you'd find that I'd criticized most if not all of the policies that are on your list (and many more), so save your supernatural contempt for someone who gives a **** what you think.

Ditto everything Tom said, especially the points about the criticism of virtually all of the policies of the previous administrations AND not giving a flying !@#$ what you think.

And "Bob": I have absolute faith that you bitched like schoolgirl when the previous administration was pissing all over the Constitution. Therefore you should be doing exactly the same thing in this instance.

Ditto everything Tom said, especially the points about the criticism of virtually all of the policies of the previous administrations AND not giving a flying !@#$ what you think.

And "Bob": I have absolute faith that you bitched like schoolgirl when the previous administration was pissing all over the Constitution. Therefore you should be doing exactly the same thing in this instance.

yeah I waited a whole six months of his term before I started riping Obama a new one about his failure to role back executive power, restore transparency, and continued abridgment and destruction of Constitutional rights, how long did you wait on Bush/Cheney- Obama has picked up where Bush/Cheney left off, Obama is the smiling face of Fascism, the charming monster, the corporatist in populist clothing.

yeah I waited a whole six months of his term before I started riping Obama a new one about his failure to role back executive power, restore transparency, and continued abridgment and destruction of Constitutional rights, how long did you wait on Bush/Cheney- Obama has picked up where Bush/Cheney left off, Obama is the smiling face of Fascism, the charming monster, the corporatist in populist clothing.

Are you really that stupid? :lol:

MORE class warfare....yes....YES!!!!!......"level" the playing field to get even with those evil RRRRRRRIIIIICHHHHHH people!

No, the attack on ACORN was class warfare, and a success by the wealthy right at that. ACORN was one of the largest and most effective representatives of poor and minority people in this country. One of the things ACORN did was voter registration for the poor, with remarkable success. This is why the wealthy and corporate right attacked them full on.

Edited by conner

No, the attack on ACORN was class warfare, and a success by the wealthy right at that. ACORN was one of the largest and most effective representatives of poor and minority people in this country. One of the things ACORN did was voter registration for the poor, with remarkable success. This is why the wealthy and corporate right attacked them full on.

Please tell me you don't believe your own bull ****. :lol:

Obama is the smiling face of Fascism, the charming monster, the corporatist in populist clothing.

There is no doubt in my mind, that if Obama placed the sort of regulations, taxes and laws that you (huffingtonpost) prescribe to, we would permanently become a high unemployment, slow growth, lacking innovation and entrepreneurial spirit sort of economy.

See Europe....

There is no doubt in my mind, that if Obama placed the sort of regulations, taxes and laws that you (huffingtonpost) prescribe to, we would permanently become a high unemployment, slow growth, lacking innovation and entrepreneurial spirit sort of economy.

See Europe....

Fine I'll take Germany......if you and your kin (Rand, Ludwig von Mises-cult followers) had your way we'd be Columbia or Saudi Arabia.

Fine I'll take Germany......if you and your kin (Rand, Ludwig von Mises-cult followers) had your way we'd be Columbia or Saudi Arabia.

That made no sense :doh:

Oh and btw, Germany is the total polar opposite of everything you believe in. Really bad example to make your case :lol:

Edited by Magox

That made no sense :doh:

Oh and btw, Germany is the total polar opposite of everything you believe in. Really bad example to make your case :lol:

Either you don't know Germany or you don't know my beliefs- Universal Health care, high investment in human capital and infrastructure, a serious push for energy independence and a serious but not cult like appreciation of environmental protection all fall in line with my beliefs.

Either you don't know Germany or you don't know my beliefs- Universal Health care, high investment in human capital and infrastructure, a serious push for energy independence and a serious but not cult like appreciation of environmental protection all fall in line with my beliefs.

You are for strict regulations, you have made that clear and Germany doesn't fit that criteria. You are also against high-end bonuses and Germany doesn't fit that criteria. Angela Merkel would also fit your description of a "corporatist fascist".

You are for strict regulations, you have made that clear and Germany doesn't fit that criteria. You are also against high-end bonuses and Germany doesn't fit that criteria. Angela Merkel would also fit your description of a "corporatist fascist".

In the area's I'm concerned (environmental protection, worker safety, and product safety) German is as strict or stricter than the United States- In the area of finance Germany has reigned in leverage with increased capital requirements, has restricted some derivatives, and naked short selling.

I have nothing against high end bonuses when a company is doing better than industry averages on their merit - I'm against high end bonuses when the company or institution is receiving government support through- direct cash, the government buying assets for more than they're worth, or being able to borrow unlimited amounts of money at near zero interest. I also think that share-holders need a greater voice in management pay as I think there is a huge principal-agent problem in American business.

I also think the American Financial system is rife with fraud and corruption- whether penny ante like Churning, pump and dump, distort and short, Ponzi schemes, insider trading, fraudulent asset rating and accounting or massive manipulations of commodities and currencies. What do you do when a criminal mindset has changed a once symbiotic relationship between Wall street and Main street into a parasitic relationship and the wolf has bought the service of the sheepdog.