Sacha Baron Cohen to play The BEST Frontman in Rock History

DrDawkinstein

i used the insert media function in my jack johnson andy samberg thread....it just shows up as a link

Maybe because it's not a youtube video?

Best guess looking at the link you used, is when I go to "Share" one part says "This video is not available for embedding". So that may be why.

Edited by Just Jack

Flash Gordon?? :doh:

:lol:

Good soundtrack. Kind-of a feeble movie (but I like it, in the same campy sort of way people like Rocky Horror). But good soundtrack.

He'll save every one of us :worthy:

"He's for everyone of us

Stand for everyone of us

He'll save with a mighty hand

Every man every woman

Every child - with a mighty flash!"

If you haven't seen "Highlander," check it out. One of my faves.

Great soundtrack...

Okay, not officially the soundtrack, since they never released an "official" Highlander soundtrack...but A Kind Of Magic has all the songs in the movie. Aww, hell...now I have to put that in the DVD player and get a Kurgan fix...

For anyone who doubts Freddie Mercury was the greatest frontman in rock, find video of Queen's performance and Wembley. With all props to other great frontmen (e.g. Robert Plant), Mercury could somehow get the complete, undivided attention of a crowd of 100k and hold them in the palm of his hand. :worthy:

Good soundtrack. Kind-of a feeble movie (but I like it, in the same campy sort of way people like Rocky Horror). But good soundtrack.

"He's for everyone of us

Stand for everyone of us

He'll save with a mighty hand

Every man every woman

Every child - with a mighty flash!"

Great soundtrack...

Okay, not officially the soundtrack, since they never released an "official" Highlander soundtrack...but A Kind Of Magic has all the songs in the movie. Aww, hell...now I have to put that in the DVD player and get a Kurgan fix...

For anyone who doubts Freddie Mercury was the greatest frontman in rock, find video of Queen's performance and Wembley. With all props to other great frontmen (e.g. Robert Plant), Mercury could somehow get the complete, undivided attention of a crowd of 100k and hold them in the palm of his hand. :worthy:

I agree. It's a shame that he died too early. "Innuendo" was an amazing album, and it's inspiring to think that he was almost literally on his death bed as he belted out those lyrics, like he did in his prime.

"There can be only one!"

I agree. It's a shame that he died too early. "Innuendo" was an amazing album, and it's inspiring to think that he was almost literally on his death bed as he belted out those lyrics, like he did in his prime.

I was never a huge fan of that album as a whole at the time (though I did buy it on release), but as I've gained the understanding of what the whole band went through to complete it with it literally being Mercury's epitaph (right down to ending it with "The Show Must Go On"), I've grown to appreciate it at the very least as an astounding accomplishment, as an overall composition and a tribute to sheer willpower.

Just rewatched the Live Aid footage on YouTube. That performance was so incredible that, not only did he have the crowd in London in the palm of his hand, and not only did he have the crowd in Philly in the palm of his hand, but even 25 years later, watching the footage, it is damned near impossible not to clap along with "Radio Ga Ga". Absolutely !@#$ing amazing.

I was never a huge fan of that album as a whole at the time (though I did buy it on release), but as I've gained the understanding of what the whole band went through to complete it with it literally being Mercury's epitaph (right down to ending it with "The Show Must Go On"), I've grown to appreciate it at the very least as an astounding accomplishment, as an overall composition and a tribute to sheer willpower.

I thought "Innuendo," "Headlong," and "The Show Must Go On" were great songs, while "Those Were The Days Of Our Lives" and "I'm Going Slightly Mad" were pretty good in their own right. Maybe that's because I've always associated the album with a good period in my life (junior year of college, with "Headlong" reminding me of driving late at night to the genetics lab to catalog fruit flies). And it's been interesting to me to hear "The Miracle," where he sings about "God's creations, great and small," and then in "Innuendo" he asks "If there's a God or any kind of justice under the sky."

Just rewatched the Live Aid footage on YouTube. That performance was so incredible that, not only did he have the crowd in London in the palm of his hand, and not only did he have the crowd in Philly in the palm of his hand, but even 25 years later, watching the footage, it is damned near impossible not to clap along with "Radio Ga Ga". Absolutely !@#$ing amazing.

Definitely.

Wow! That is going to be amazing....one of my favorite bands of all time...epic, classic songs...and one of the most charismatic and interesting actors of his generation...can't wait!!

Hey ajzeep, you might want to check this argentinian (from my city) Queen tribute band called "Dios salve a la reina" (God save the queen), I heard they're quite impressive live that they were invited to some concert in England back in 2006.

This is their homepage.

http://www.dsr.com.ar/

Hey ajzeep, you might want to check this argentinian (from my city) Queen tribute band called "Dios salve a la reina" (God save the queen), I heard they're quite impressive live that they were invited to some concert in England back in 2006.

This is their homepage.

http://www.dsr.com.ar/

DAng, very impressive! Im watching the promo video and they are really good...they should have had this guy play Freddie in the movie!

There's a video of "Flash" in the multimedia section :thumbsup:

Edited by ajzepp