(OT) Where can I direct my mom to get XBOX.

PIZ

Huh? You are trying to get info on how to get others to best spend their money on you?

Wow. :devil:

148601[/snapback]

Yeah, my wife called and said "Your mom just called. She can't find the XBOX anywhere for you. Looks like your getting that brown wool sportscoat she's been eyeing up."

Yeah, my wife called and said "Your mom just called.  She can't find the XBOX anywhere for you.  Looks like your getting that brown wool sportscoat she's been eyeing up."

148661[/snapback]

Well, a good thing about the brown wool sportcoat is that the format NEVER changes.... :devil:

Well, I think she may have found one.

So what are the top WAR GAMES?

Top SPORTS GAMES?

Top RACING GAMES?

Top KID's GAMES?

Your FAVORITE GAME?

Thanks. I'm actually looking forward to XMAS this year.

Top SPORTS GAMES? - NFL2k5, NHL2k5. It's a religious war between the the Sega and EA franchises. I personally prefer Sega, but some prefer EA. Regardless, the Sega prices are MUCH better - $20 at release - and they get better reviews at the gaming magazines.

Your FAVORITE GAME? - NFL2k5 :doh:

Halo2 is supposed to be good (the original was very good). Grand Theft Auto was a lot of fun if you havn't already played it (NOT kid friendly... But fun! ) ).

Soul Calibur 2 is a good fighting game.

I loved Spiderman -- I'm guessing Spiderman 2 will be just as good (havn't played it though).

That's a decent start.

CW

IMO game consoles sux0r.

You can get most of the titles for PC and have an INFINITE hardware upgrade path.

149997[/snapback]

I don't think game consoles can be compared to PCs... First, PCs cost well more than a console (a decent video card costs at least $150). Second, PC games are usually "deeper" than consoles -- that's why there's no flight sims, etc, on consoles. I pop a console game in when I want some quick fun -- Ratchet and Clank, GTA, NFL2k5 -- and play the PC when I want a more immersive game -- Far Cry, Half-life 2.

Different markets, and neither is better than the other. (I have a dual-Xeon PC, a PS2, and an XBox, and they all serve different types of games IMHO).

CW

Top SPORTS GAMES?

Top RACING GAMES?

Top KID's GAMES?

Your FAVORITE GAME?

Thanks.  I'm actually looking forward to XMAS this year.

149973[/snapback]

ESPN 2k5 Footbal for 20 bux CANT be beat!

Ghost Recon II + Call of Duty: Finest Hour + Halo 2 for war games/shooters

Need for Speed : Underground II - Racing

Blinx 2 + SpongeBob: The Movie + Spyro: Heros Tail for kids games..

Full Spectrum Warrior, Rainbow 6, and Ghost Recon 2. Halo2 is a great FPS, but I prefer "killing" earthbound combatants more than aliens. Also, take a look at Crusader: Kingdom Under Fire for a mix of tactical and button mashing hack-n-slash. I'm looking forward to Mercenaries in January and Brothers in Arms in March. They both look like they'll be good.

Top SPORTS GAMES?

Sega's ESPN Series. I have NFL 2k5 and NHL 2k5, they're both awesome. Also, if you like boxing, EA's Fight Night is good.

Top RACING GAMES?

Project Gotham Racing 2 or Need For Speed2: Underground

Top KID's GAMES?

I dunno, but check out this site for game reviews.

Your FAVORITE GAME?

I buy and trade-in games at GameStop all the time, so my collection is usually rotating. Lately I've been playing Ghost Recon2 and NHL 2k5 a lot.

Thanks.  I'm actually looking forward to XMAS this year.

Just a couple of other suggestions, take a look at subscribing to the Official Xbox Magazine. They include a demo disc in each issue, and I've found some real gems in there. Even more importantly, I've played demos of games that I planned on buying only to play it for a few minutes and realized it sucks. That magazine has saved me a lot of money.

Lastly, if you have broadband, you MUST get xbox Live (only $50/year). But even if you don't get Live, prepare to have your wife pissed that you're spending too much time playing games! :doh: Have fun, and enjoy!

Full Spectrum Warrior, Rainbow 6, and Ghost Recon 2.  Halo2 is a great FPS, but I prefer "killing" earthbound combatants more than aliens.  Also, take a look at Crusader: Kingdom Under Fire for a mix of tactical and button mashing hack-n-slash.  I'm looking forward to Mercenaries in January and Brothers in Arms in March.  They both look like they'll be good.

Sega's ESPN Series.  I have NFL 2k5 and NHL 2k5, they're both awesome.  Also, if you like boxing, EA's Fight Night is good.

Project Gotham Racing 2 or Need For Speed2: Underground

I dunno, but check out this site for game reviews.

I buy and trade-in games at GameStop all the time, so my collection is usually rotating.  Lately I've been playing Ghost Recon2 and NHL 2k5 a lot.

Just a couple of other suggestions, take a look at subscribing to the Official Xbox Magazine.  They include a demo disc in each issue, and I've found some real gems in there.  Even more importantly, I've played demos of games that I planned on buying only to play it for a few minutes and realized it sucks.  That magazine has saved me a lot of money. 

150193[/snapback]

Isn't Ghost Recon II great? I *REALLY* like it... Graphics/game play/AI all top notch...

Halo2 is supposed to be good (the original was very good).  Grand Theft Auto was a lot of fun if you havn't already played it (NOT kid friendly...  But fun! ) ).

Soul Calibur 2 is a good fighting game.

I loved Spiderman -- I'm guessing Spiderman 2 will be just as good (havn't played it though).

CW

149983[/snapback]

Halo2 is a VERY good game. GTA I'm not as big a fan of because the way they mapped the controller in those series blows IMO. But it's still a pretty fun (if graphically weak) game.

I expected more out of Soul Calibur2, I had the original on DreamCast, and it wasn't really improved upon.

If you loved Spiderman 1, Spiderman 2 will blow you away. They have rendered Manhatten, and you can go from building to building and sling yourself across town just like in the movie. If it had a knock, I'd say that the side missions get repetitive in a hurry. Still worth picking up, especially if you can find a used copy at Gamestop or EB.

Lastly, if you have broadband, you MUST get xbox Live (only $50/year).  But even if you don't get Live, prepare to have your wife pissed that you're spending too much time playing games! :P  Have fun, and enjoy!

What's your Gamertag? We'll have to hook up and play NFL2k5 sometime. :doh: My wife's working her normal full time job, working part time for H&R Block again in January, and starting grad school in January as well so I'll never actually see her and she won't complain about my gameplaying :lol:

CW

What's your Gamertag?  We'll have to hook up and play NFL2k5 sometime. :doh:  My wife's working her normal full time job, working part time  for H&R Block again in January, and starting grad school in January as well so I'll never actually see her and she won't complain about my gameplaying :P

CW

150227[/snapback]

It is... drumroll please... Campy

Here's a thought: Maybe on the Consumer board we can start a Gamertag database? If it's been done before, I missed it, but it'd be kinda' cool to play with and against people we "know."

It is... drumroll please... Campy

Here's a thought:  Maybe on the Consumer board we can start a Gamertag database?  If it's been done before, I missed it, but it'd be kinda' cool to play with and against people we "know."

150233[/snapback]

Good idea. Here's a link:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=12085&st=0

CW

Guest Guest_billrooter_*

I would add the medal of honor series is very good for war games, and at the very least the first one frontline can be had for 20 bucks. I believe atv offroad fury is only on ps2 but the first two are fun games if available for xbox. The first ghost recon can be bought for 20 bucks also a decent game. I am going to get the nhl2k5 for hockey have heard some good things about it, hope this helps!