Another amazing stat

In any three consecutives games in Bills history. (Actually tied for the most). Granted, we had a few returns for TDs (by defense and special teams) and it certainly wasn't all offense. Not even close. But that is a remarkable stat nonetheless, considering two of the games were on the road for crissakes, and considering the offenses we have had in the past, and even moreso, the offenses we have had in the recent past. ;)

In any three consecutives games in Bills history. (Actually tied for the most). Granted, we had a few returns for TDs (by defense and special teams) and it certainly wasn't all offense. Not even close. But that is a remarkable stat nonetheless, considering two of the games were on the road for crissakes, and considering the offenses we have had in the past, and even moreso, the offenses we have had in the recent past.  :(

148301[/snapback]

We had an offense in the recent past? ;)

In any three consecutives games in Bills history. (Actually tied for the most). Granted, we had a few returns for TDs (by defense and special teams) and it certainly wasn't all offense. Not even close. But that is a remarkable stat nonetheless, considering two of the games were on the road for crissakes, and considering the offenses we have had in the past, and even moreso, the offenses we have had in the recent past.  :devil:

148301[/snapback]

Wow, didn't know that. But who cares if the offense didn't do it all themselves. It is a team game afterall.

It hopefully is a sign of very good things to come!

I agree the statistic is amazing, especially considering that Miami's pass defense is ranked in the top 3 or something. At least, it had been ranked in the top three until we got to it. :devil:

148577[/snapback]

That's the same defense that held Tom Brady to 7/19 for 76 yards in Miami.

148581[/snapback]

I don't think Miami is as bad as we're portraying them to be. They have been in most games this year, in fact they played Pittsburgh pretty tough if I'm not mistaken.

148581[/snapback]

[sarcasm]But...but... Tom Brady is a god and merely did what he had to do to win the game, whereas Drew Bledsoe was unbelievably selfish and self-centered in throwing four touchdowns and no picks just to piss ICE off when he could have let JPL play.[/sarcasm]

I don't think Miami is as bad as we're portraying them to be.  They have been in most games this year, in fact they played Pittsburgh pretty tough if I'm not mistaken.

148626[/snapback]

Their defense certainly isn't and their 2 weeks away sequestered in a hotel certainly helped them get together as a team.

Wow, didn't know that. But who cares if the offense didn't do it all themselves. It is a team game afterall.

It hopefully is a sign of very good things to come!

148579[/snapback]

It seems reasonable to throw out any insinuation that the mix of ST/D to offensive TDs is different over this 3 game stretch versus any in the past. Team scoring is the stat and the team includes all three phases.

miami's season should be given a mulligan. They were billsfanone from the beginning of camp on. They might not be a condender next year, but they definitely will be a spoiler. Yesterday's win was not a gimme, and they should not be taken lightly next year.

I think if miami can pick up a good running back and a good Qb this offseason along with a good coach they could be playoff material next season...just hope the coach they bring in dosent come from another AFC East team's staff from NE.. :devil: ....does anyone think they go with travis minor or bring in new talent?

This stat is basically an, oh, BTW...

It's meaningless.... period

Someone was comparing this team to the early 90's. To that, I say, puhleeze... don't go there. The Bills of the 90's wore a target on them... they were the team to beat... When they came to town... you brought your "A" game... and even if you did, you were still gonna lose. Not too many teams have that kind of respect for today's Bills... defenses still play 8 and 9 man fronts because they have no respect for the passing attack (or lack thereof), and still, we can't make them pay for that. A 32 or 33 year old Jim Kelly would have lit up a defense up that pulled that kind of stunt.

Today's Bills can't be mentioned in the same breath.

It's meaningless.... period

Someone was comparing this team to the early 90's.  To that, I say, puhleeze... don't go there.  The Bills of the 90's wore a target on them... they were the team to beat... When they came to town... you brought your  "A" game... and even if you did, you were still gonna lose.  Not too many teams have that kind of respect for today's Bills... defenses still play 8 and 9 man fronts because they have no respect for the passing attack (or lack thereof), and still, we can't make them pay for that. A 32 or 33 year old Jim Kelly would have lit up a defense up that pulled that kind of stunt.

Today's Bills can't be mentioned in the same breath.

148780[/snapback]

True - but it shows you in an indirect sort of way how far we've fallen when most of us realize that THIS year's Bills O doesn't hold a candle to the ones of the early 90's.

That being said, nice victory guys and way to put up some pts. Nice to finally be even after the first 4 weeks of hell.

True - but it shows you in an indirect sort of way how far we've fallen when most of us realize that THIS year's Bills O doesn't hold a candle to the ones of the early 90's. 

That being said, nice victory guys and way to put up some pts.  Nice to finally be even after the first 4 weeks of hell.

148794[/snapback]

True, but this year's defense, overall, is better (especially considering the coaching), and this year's special teams is better overall. It is a team game. This offense is nowhere near the 90s offense, obviously, and never will be. But if they score almost 40 points a game, like they have in the last three, this team will be on a par with the great Bills teams. That is a HUGE IF, and I don't believe anyone here thinks they will. But this thread was about the fact it is amazing that no Bills team has scored more in three straight games than this team just did, and two were on the road. It is impossible to imagine this will continue. But that is why they play the games. We have a great running back, a good blocking FB, two talented receivers, a good OL coach and an OL that is coming on, a seemingly good offensive scheme and coaching, and a washed up veteran strong armed quarterback who is suddenly playing young.

Frankly, I expect this offense to score about 21 points a game the rest of the way. But if that is the case, we may win all four of those games, and we will have won 6 in a row, 8 out of 9, and 10 out of 12.

defenses still play 8 and 9 man fronts because they have no respect for the passing attack (or lack thereof), and still, we can't make them pay for that. A 32 or 33 year old Jim Kelly would have lit up a defense up that pulled that kind of stunt.

148780[/snapback]

The Phins used zero 9 man fronts yesterday, and had an eight man front MAYBE once or twice in the entire game. Know what you are talking about before you say it, it usually helps. And BTW, I think we DID make them pay with the passing game yesterday, if only exemplified by the 2 Evans td's.

But this thread was about the fact it is amazing that no Bills team has scored more in three straight games than this team just did, and two were on the road. It is impossible to imagine this will continue. But that is why they play the games.

148838[/snapback]

I'm as amazed as many about how they've put together this win streak, much less scoring as they have in the last 3 against St Louis, Seattle, and Miami. None of these 3 teams are among the league's elite, and two of them, Miami and Seattle, had fairly good defenses.

I'd love to see this team knock off some more highly touted team, dare I ask for anything better than a victory over the Jets. For the past few years, NE, in my mind the best team in the league, has owned us for quite some time. And if you want to be the best - I better halt this line of reasoning here before it get ICE-like.

Let me reiterate that the streak is really nice and I'd love to see them keep on winning. Very few here were thinking about playoffs even being a possibility, even as recently as 3 weeks ago. And its nice to see this team get some well deserved respect after the way their season started.