The Lost Dogs

DrDawkinstein

i was thinking about this whole dog fighting thing and who, why and how someone would become interested in such a brutal activity. Only thing i could imagine, and trust me, i am in no way, shape or form trained in this area.

This is a culture that very few of us 'priveleged' could ever understand and I would never try and tell anyone i understand. but can you imagine, going back many, many, many years to the horrible ways african americans were treated? they could have very easily felt that they were at the bottom of the human pecking order and they looked to dogs as something that they could inflict the same cruelty and fate as some of them had endured, and rather than simply abuse these animals 'without cause', they turned it into a sport, perhaps to ease the guilt.....could have simply taken off from there, and over generations it became somewhat accepted in the community....

again, i can't speak for anyone that is involved in the activity, but that was what my feeble brain came up with.....

i was thinking about this whole dog fighting thing and who, why and how someone would become interested in such a brutal activity. Only thing i could imagine, and trust me, i am in no way, shape or form trained in this area.

This is a culture that very few of us 'priveleged' could ever understand and I would never try and tell anyone i understand. but can you imagine, going back many, many, many years to the horrible ways african americans were treated? they could have very easily felt that they were at the bottom of the human pecking order and they looked to dogs as something that they could inflict the same cruelty and fate as some of them had endured, and rather than simply abuse these animals 'without cause', they turned it into a sport, perhaps to ease the guilt.....could have simply taken off from there, and over generations it became somewhat accepted in the community....

again, i can't speak for anyone that is involved in the activity, but that was what my feeble brain came up with.....

Traits like that are not inherited naturally, they are taught. There is no excuse now.

again, there are parts of some cultures that defy explanation, but i bet that while not an 'inherited trait', probably talked about in a completely different light in those cultures than you and i could ever imagine....not making excuses...just doing my best to try and understand how it gets past the thought stage.....

Traits like that are not inherited naturally, they are taught. There is no excuse now.