why doesnt the Republican party get it?

All the primary talk got me thinking.... it seems almost every election nationwide that had a conservative/tea party type cndidate against the big party backed republican candidate stomped the traditional republican candidate that the party backed.

clearly the people have spoken. why has the republican party strayed from what their base wants? why doesnt the republican party understand that republicans are done voting for RINO's ?

Is it time to ditch the republican party all together and go to a 3 or multiple party system?

If you are a tea party type, are you willing to continue supporting your candidate to make sure your message is heard even if in the near term your candidates lose, but are you willing to stick with them so your message isn't watered down by a "moderate RINO"

just curious what people think because i think this is a very interesting time in american politics because i am curious to see how the Republican party responds. do they try to redeem themselves to their voters, or do the voters say go swing on it were done with you, time for a 3rd party?

All the primary talk got me thinking.... it seems almost every election nationwide that had a conservative/tea party type cndidate against the big party backed republican candidate stomped the traditional republican candidate that the party backed.

clearly the people have spoken. why has the republican party strayed from what their base wants? why doesnt the republican party understand that republicans are done voting for RINO's ?

Is it time to ditch the republican party all together and go to a 3 or multiple party system?

If you are a tea party type, are you willing to continue supporting your candidate to make sure your message is heard even if in the near term your candidates lose, but are you willing to stick with them so your message isn't watered down by a "moderate RINO"

just curious what people think because i think this is a very interesting time in american politics because i am curious to see how the Republican party responds. do they try to redeem themselves to their voters, or do the voters say go swing on it were done with you, time for a 3rd party?

The establishment guys largely rose to their positions modeling their careers after the seemingly successful triangulation strategy of Bill Clinton. Old guys get set in their ways.

That and you have a lot of people both in and out of politics who believe the TV mouthpieces who tell them anyone right of left is an "extemist" or "ultra conservative". They think they're the political outcasts and want to get a "moderate" who will appeal to the masses. Then they get a go along to get along, fence sitting, half in, half out, half ass "Republican" douche. See e.g. John McCain

I truly believe there's a revolution happening in America. The age of information has woken the sleeping giant of the mass uninformed party loyalists. Americans know that it was both the financial institutions and the washington politicians who walked arm and arm down the isle of letting people purchase houses with no jobs and no money down. They know that the stimulus bill was an obscene waste of taxpayer's money which their children and grandchildren will be on the hook for paying off. They have a great sense that obamacare is going to ruin the best healthcare system on the planet which in time will eventually bankrupt this country. It's no longer about party affiliation, it's about throwing everyone out of office who was responsible for the current disaster. So the politicians and leftist media who now find themselves getting caught in the riptide of the coming tsunami have resorted to the immature schoolyard name calling. The only extremists here are the politicians who got us into this mess. It's no wonder that Obama is threatened by the age of information, so much so that he amazingly told students it was basically nothing a meaningless distraction...

Obama at Hampton University-

"You're coming of age in a 24/7 media environment that bombards us with all kinds of content and exposes us to all kinds of arguments, some of which don't always rank that high on the truth meter...information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation. So all of this is not only putting pressure on you; it's putting new pressure on our country and on our democracy."

Or a cynic can say that many of the candidates who've wrapped themselves up in the Tea Party movement have done it for political expediency, rather than showcasing their conservative roots. They are, after all politicians.

Or a cynic can say that many of the candidates who've wrapped themselves up in the Tea Party movement have done it for political expediency, rather than showcasing their conservative roots. They are, after all politicians.

Opportunism exists everywhere.

I truly believe there's a revolution happening in America. The age of information has woken the sleeping giant of the mass uninformed party loyalists. Americans know that it was both the financial institutions and the washington politicians who walked arm and arm down the isle of letting people purchase houses with no jobs and no money down. They know that the stimulus bill was an obscene waste of taxpayer's money which their children and grandchildren will be on the hook for paying off. They have a great sense that obamacare is going to ruin the best healthcare system on the planet which in time will eventually bankrupt this country. It's no longer about party affiliation, it's about throwing everyone out of office who was responsible for the current disaster. So the politicians and leftist media who now find themselves getting caught in the riptide of the coming tsunami have resorted to the immature schoolyard name calling. The only extremists here are the politicians who got us into this mess. It's no wonder that Obama is threatened by the age of information, so much so that he amazingly told students it was basically nothing a meaningless distraction...

Obama at Hampton University-

"You're coming of age in a 24/7 media environment that bombards us with all kinds of content and exposes us to all kinds of arguments, some of which don't always rank that high on the truth meter...information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation. So all of this is not only putting pressure on you; it's putting new pressure on our country and on our democracy."

Perhaps...but, weren't the 2006/2008 elections "revolutions" also? In fact, wasn't it the intention of the framers that a "revolution" happen every 2 years, WRT the House, that controls the purse, being re-elected every 2 years?

OTOH, I suppose those weren't "real" revolutions, as much as they were "see, we can have a black President and a female speaker of the house" farcical exercises. Perhaps Deepak Chopra can come and tell us that at least we are spiritually improved as a result. :wallbash: