What are we going to do with URBIK?

MClem06

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/OL-Urbik-settling-in/8bddb928-eb46-4a00-9140-002e5cf43d72

The article indicates that Urbik is fitting in nicely and has added depth to the interior positions. It mentions that he's been snapping the ball under center as well as being "Backup" at right guard. Does anyone know if he's going to play inside and one of our Inside guys (Levitre or Wood)play RT? or is he best to take over for that sad excuse for a RT Green sooner than later hopefully. Anyone would be an upgrade but this article confuses me on how they intend to use him or if they do at all... anyone have any insider info? It's obvious they need an RT, since he went to the practice squad and we picked him up right away I would think that means Nix thinks it's an opportunity.

It's amazing to me that out of all the college players that graduate and play ball every year, we can't find one single tackle that can do even an average job...

everything I've read on him says he's not quick enough to be a tackle...I'm assuming the Bills are waiting on Wang to get healthy to be the RT...IMHO, which doesn't amount to squat, they might be trying to see how he does at C and then maybe by years end we see this line: Bell - Wood - Urbik - Levitre - Wang...with maybe a LT being drafted next year if Bell doesn't show improvement...But then again he might be here for just depth

Edited by Tsaikotic

He didn't go to the practice squad, the Bills picked him up off waivers from Pittsburgh.

My feeling is that he is Hangartner's eventual replacement on the interior line. More likely sliding Wood to center since he has actual game experience at that position from college. From most reports Urbik doesn't have the feet to play outside.