How to find something on the new improved Buffalo News site?

bbb

I'm finding their search function to be very shaky whenever I use it...........I want to find Donn Esmonde's article that he wrote on the cover of today's paper, so that I can send it to somebody.......I can't find it anywhere......Then I emailed him using the email address in the paper. It got bounced back to me.........I can't find a contact email on the site.

Anybody have a clue where this article could be? Did they just put in in the paper on not online, maybe?

what paper i will try to help you out

It's the Buffalo News. I think it's pretty hopeless. Their new site has got a lot of complaints about not being able to find things. Their yahoo powered search seems to suck, to me.......And, when you find a list of Esmonde's columns, today's is not in there.

I'm finding their search function to be very shaky whenever I use it...........I want to find Donn Esmonde's article that he wrote on the cover of today's paper, so that I can send it to somebody.......I can't find it anywhere......Then I emailed him using the email address in the paper. It got bounced back to me.........I can't find a contact email on the site.

Anybody have a clue where this article could be? Did they just put in in the paper on not online, maybe?

The site BLOWS.

If you are looking for Esmonde's front page article, it will probably be here, when they update it:

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/columns/donn-esmonde/

As you can see, it was last updated 9/14...or at least that was the date when I posted it.

http://www.buffalonews.com/buffalonews/search/simple.do

I dont know if this is what you want but its a list of his articles

This actually just sent me the home page. And, the Dean's list is very similar to the list I was looking at.......The article on Paladino from 9/15 is not on there, either.

I know the News now has some articles they are featuring as print edition only. Things like the war veterans stories every Monday, and this day in Buffalo sports. I didn't think they would do that type of thing with an important front page article, though.

This actually just sent me the home page. And, the Dean's list is very similar to the list I was looking at.......The article on Paladino from 9/15 is not on there, either.

I know the News now has some articles they are featuring as print edition only. Things like the war veterans stories every Monday, and this day in Buffalo sports. I didn't think they would do that type of thing with an important front page article, though.

Maybe they just delay its availability a day or two.

It is a horrendous piece of garbage, for a daily newspaper website.

I actually think it was pretty good for the last few years, up until this updated version that started last month.

Wait a minute. I remember when it changed the opinion around here was"it's just because it's new. You will like it when you get used to it".

Change for the sake of change is all it is. The only reason I read that rag is to see which one of my old buddies got a DWI this week. They rarely disappoint :D

I agree, a few weekends ago I was searching on a Sunday for a sports article that was posted on Saturday. I couldn't locate it for a good hour. I eventually got to it but after logging in precious time on that joke of a site.

Wait a minute. I remember when it changed the opinion around here was"it's just because it's new. You will like it when you get used to it".

Change for the sake of change is all it is. The only reason I read that rag is to see which one of my old buddies got a DWI this week. They rarely disappoint :D

I can't speak for the others, but my initial reaction was, "it sucks" but I usually have issues with newly designed websites. Sometimes later I find out it's just the adjustment I had problems with, other times the site really does suck.

One thing I'm fairly sure about (then and now), they did not do usability research with users/potential users.