Yahoo Sports: Green Bay Should Trade for Buffalo's Lynch

truth on hold

" ... I hope that Packers general manager Ted Thompson picked up the phone Tuesday and placed a call to Buddy Nix, his counterpart in Buffalo and not just to talk about the Bills arrival in Wisconsin for Sundays game at Lambeau Field. Instead, Thompson should have been asking Nix precisely what it will take to get Marshawn Lynch(notes) to stay in Green Bay at weekends end."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmF8r4GXnzEjgJS3WYHuoXs5nYcB?slug=ms-32questions091510

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I love how these rumor pages always seem to have an undertone of criticism for the Bills because they have the audacity to not just give away their good players for the greater good of whatever team the article is stumping for. Unbelievable.

Noted, but the writer makes a good point here:

"There are plenty of reasons why the Packers might not be able to swing a deal for Lynch, beginning with the Bills’ stubbornness. Though Buffalo drafted former Clemson back C.J. Spiller(notes) with the ninth overall pick in April and got an unexpected 1,000-yard season from Fred Jackson(notes) in ’09, a source familiar with the situation said the team resisted overtures from at least four teams (including the Seahawks and Texans) interested in trading for Lynch, a former Pro Bowl selection coming off a disappointing campaign. According to the source, one team called as recently as last week to inquire about trading for Lynch, and the Bills essentially treated them like unwelcome stalkers.

All of this makes me wonder what Nix and head coach Chan Gailey are possibly thinking. Unless they are delusional, they know they have a team that isn’t close to contending for a championship, and the organization clearly is committed to Spiller as its running back of the future.

Judging from the Bills’ 15-10 loss to the Dolphins in their season opener at home, Gailey’s plan to use all three backs is a disaster: Spiller started and carried seven times for six yards while Jackson (four carries, 19 yards) and Lynch (three carries, 13 yards) saw spot duty. On a positive note, Spiller and Jackson combined to catch six passes; on a negative note, they gained a collective eight yards on those receptions

The Bills may feel that Lynch, who has two years left on his rookie deal, is a relative bargain at a reported $885,000 for 2010 – and they’d be right. For that reason, it’s tempting to keep him, at least for this season. But if Nix is thinking long term, he should get what he can in a trade while Lynch still has value and use the bounty to address other areas of need"

Edited by fallen627

maybe its not lynch their interested in trading? maybe its jackson? look i like jackson just as much as the next guy but CJ and Jackson are basically the same kind of RB. Change of pace or speed backs. Marshawn is the power/bruiser back. If the bills get rid of Lynch, who is their power back? Jackson? and how long is that gonna last for? We'd basically be looking for another Lynch in a couple years.

maybe its not lynch their interested in trading? maybe its jackson? look i like jackson just as much as the next guy but CJ and Jackson are basically the same kind of RB. Change of pace or speed backs. Marshawn is the power/bruiser back. If the bills get rid of Lynch, who is their power back? Jackson? and how long is that gonna last for? We'd basically be looking for another Lynch in a couple years.

good point.

problem with jackson as trade bait is even though hes better, hes old and wasnt a recent #1

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack