Jim Kelly on LA Live

CosmicBills

+1. The Ownership part was the best news I've heard all week. Thanks!!

I don't believe Kelly. Maybe he thinks he's got the group of investors, but I'd say its a long shot at best. The Bills have a better than 50% chance of landing in Toronto. The NFL is not sentimental. The NFL is all about the money and they see big Canadian dollar signs in Toronto.

A huge percentage of ticket buyers are already Canadians and the NFL would love to expand to such a large market. $$$$$ NFL $$$$$

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe Kelly. Maybe he thinks he's got the group of investors, but I'd say its a long shot at best. The Bills have a better than 50% chance of landing in Toronto. The NFL is not sentimental. The NFL is all about the money and they see big Canadian dollar signs in Toronto.

A huge percentage of ticket buyers are already Canadians and the NFL would love to expand to such a large market. $$$$$ NFL $$$$$

If you listen to it, there's not really anything not to believe Kelly about. He has a group and they're waiting for Ralph to be ready to talk. Not so unbelievable.

You do live up to your screen name, don't you? :nana:

It was a joke by Mychal. He wasn't being serious.

Ok. I admit it. I went overboard. I don't follow BB and I don't live in LA, so I have no idea who Mychal was/is.

Another lesson learned. :bag:

Here's my question. If there is a deal/plan in place to keep the Bills in Buffalo why the secrecy? Ralph knows if he were to do that he'd be a hero to all the fans. My not get that admiration before he goes. I don't get it.

Entirely my biggest miff, as well.

For a king, producing an heir to ensure continuity of rule --- was the utmost concern of his reign. They would announce the birth of a son proudly. It provided a sense of stability to the people.

Ignoring this and/or leaving fans in the dark has been one of the biggest shortcomings in the past ~10 years. One thing to wonder whether we'll have a good QB, quite another to be left wondering whether we'll still have a team in the not-distant future. I wish it were addressed without the relative vagueness that has existed.

Edited by UConn James

The only problem is Jim's plan everytime I hear it is that if RW passes b4 he sells they will have to be high bid. I hope his friends have the deepest pockets in the country!! And RW has never publicly said he will sell b4 he dies. :wallbash:

I want to beleive him but that is the facts.

BTW nice post and thanks

That's not true, they could have a buy/sell agreement in place through a trust that would allow Bills ownership to pass to key Bills employees or an investment group. The value of the franchise would be settled by a business appraisal and the investment group would have the first right of refusal to purchase the team for the price agreed upon by the estates heirs.

I am sure Mr. Wilson has done the responsible thing and taken care of his estate planning needs.

Edited by tonyd19

The team won't be moving to Toronto. No owner will spend $800M for the team AND an additional $500M for the relo fee to move the team to a market that has shown little interest in NFL home games the past 2 years. Not to mention Toronto taxpayers won't pony-up the money to build an NFL-worthy stadium. As I've been saying, if anything, the Bills will move more "home" games to Toronto.

And while the NFL isn't sentimental, it is image conscious. Hence the reason cities that lost teams received expansion ones. But you can't allow the team to move and then put an expansion team within the 90 mile blackout radius. Especially when the city still wants the team and there's an ownership group that wants to keep it in Buffalo.

Kelly has a group that has the resources to buy the team. He wouldn't lie about that. Whether the group ends up getting the team is another story, but I'd give his group the best chance of doing it.

The team won't be moving to Toronto. No owner will spend $800M for the team AND an additional $500M for the relo fee to move the team to a market that has shown little interest in NFL home games the past 2 years. Not to mention Toronto taxpayers won't pony-up the money to build an NFL-worthy stadium. As I've been saying, if anything, the Bills will move more "home" games to Toronto.

And while the NFL isn't sentimental, it is image conscious. Hence the reason cities that lost teams received expansion ones. But you can't allow the team to move and then put an expansion team within the 90 mile blackout radius. Especially when the city still wants the team and there's an ownership group that wants to keep it in Buffalo.

Kelly has a group that has the resources to buy the team. He wouldn't lie about that. Whether the group ends up getting the team is another story, but I'd give his group the best chance of doing it.

Yes, Kelly has a group of investors and they have been approved by the NFL to buy a franchise once the opportunity comes up. Beyond that, anything else said is purely speculative or an opinion.

Yes, Kelly has a group of investors and they have been approved by the NFL to buy a franchise once the opportunity comes up. Beyond that, anything else said is purely speculative or an opinion.

I said that whether Kelly's group gets the Bills remains to be seen. But I stand behind my claim that the Bills won't be moving to Toronto. Call it opinion, speculation, whatever, but when it doesn't happen, it will be a fact.

Entirely my biggest miff, as well.

For a king, producing an heir to ensure continuity of rule --- was the utmost concern of his reign. They would announce the birth of a son proudly. It provided a sense of stability to the people.

Ignoring this and/or leaving fans in the dark has been one of the biggest shortcomings in the past ~10 years. One thing to wonder whether we'll have a good QB, quite another to be left wondering whether we'll still have a team in the not-distant future. I wish it were addressed without the relative vagueness that has existed.

And this is why I don't really follow football anymore. It's really not about us anymore.

They have??

Kelly may be the face of a group (no way he has any real money to buy even a sliver of a franchise), but the "League's approval" would only come after a bid was made. if the amount isn't appropriate, the League (it's the owners) will kill the offer.

Doc's right---no way they move to Toronto. Fans are disinterested and the current group paying for the Bills/NFL in Toronto is still reing the day old man Rogers signed that ridiculous money hemorrhaging deal with Big Pimp Ralph.

You don't follow football, and yet you have almost 15,000 posts on a football site?

And less than 1% of those are actually on the football section of this site and probably less than 1% of those actually have to do with football. Other than that your point is valid. <_<

And less than 1% of those are actually on the football section of this site and probably less than 1% of those actually have to do with football. Other than that your point is valid. <_<

Mine are more on off the wall, etc., too, but how did you start off on this site, if not for football (the Bills)?

That's not true, they could have a buy/sell agreement in place through a trust that would allow Bills ownership to pass to key Bills employees or an investment group. The value of the franchise would be settled by a business appraisal and the investment group would have the first right of refusal to purchase the team for the price agreed upon by the estates heirs.

I am sure Mr. Wilson has done the responsible thing and taken care of his estate planning needs.

:thumbsup:

That is good information that I never have read before. They don't need to have an open bid in that case then? Would other owners be willing to approve it if the price seemed low?

This was broadcast beyond LA - I got into my car (in Seattle) and to my surprise I heard that unmistakable voice. For a moment I wondered where I was.

I do not see the Bills going to Toronto although they could go to another US city. Given Ralph's latest moves (Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey) and the offensive offense I can see why people might think he's pulling a "Major League" move. My opinion is that he's trying to drive the value of the team as low as possible to make it easier for his heir(s) regarding taxes. I know his daughter pre-deceased him (RIP Linda), not sure who his heirs are any more, but still....

I HAVE to think that because even after Hank Bullough and Kay Stevenson and Dick Jauron I still hold out hope that Ralph isn't getting a little hazy in his old age... <_<

This was broadcast beyond LA - I got into my car (in Seattle) and to my surprise I heard that unmistakable voice. For a moment I wondered where I was.

I think Siciliano is on Fox Sports Radio, which obviously is national.

Here's my question. If there is a deal/plan in place to keep the Bills in Buffalo why the secrecy? Ralph knows if he were to do that he'd be a hero to all the fans. My not get that admiration before he goes. I don't get it.

Good question, maybe it would seem un-ethical or look like some form of collusion.