I know the Bills offense looked bad...

Jerry Jabber

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091300/2010/REG1/ravens@jets#tab:analyze

Sanchez 10/21 74 yards, That's royally pathetic. The Jets total offense had 176 yards for the night, granted it was 10 more yards than us on Sunday, but at least we scored a TD. I thought the Jets were going to the Superbowl this year? All this talk offseason about how they were a team of destiny...yeah, they really looked like it last night.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091300/2010/REG1/ravens@jets#tab:analyze

Sanchez 10/21 74 yards, That's royally pathetic. The Jets total offense had 176 yards for the night, granted it was 10 more yards than us on Sunday, but at least we scored a TD. I thought the Jets were going to the Superbowl this year? All this talk offseason about how they were a team of destiny...yeah, they really looked like it last night.

Certainly made me feel a little better about the Bills performance. But you have to look at this objectively and realize the Jets played a stout Ravens defense, while the Bills struggled against an overall unproven Miami defense.

Certainly made me feel a little better about the Bills performance. But you have to look at this objectively and realize the Jets played a stout Ravens defense, while the Bills struggled against an overall unproven Miami defense.

I wouldn't say that. Mike Nolan, Miami's defensive coordinator, is one of the best in the league. Nolan helped turn around the Broncos D last year and the Broncos D finish at #7.

I agree with your second sentence. But your first one doesn't make any sense. The Jets played probably the best D in the league, why would that make you feel better at all about the Bills performance?

Or ponder this one for a minute, we have the Jets with their D in 3 weeks and the Ravens in 3 weeks (2 games) after that. With the Packers and the cheaters before that. Man, brutal.

They show these games later and over and over here and I am watching it right now. The Jets QB is really having to execute a very conservative gameplan. The haven't had a 3rd down conversion the whole game, so far (it's the 4th quarter). They are not throwing the ball mid or deep but Jet receivers had some drops too. The Ravens D looks mad good. If they can get a bit more consistency out of Flacco and their running game, watch out they will go deep into the playoffs.

The Jets D looks very good too (except their 2 other CBs).

Cromaterti or how ever you spell his name (except for his INT) is really bad 2 pass interference calls because he hooks on like crazy. Penalties killed the D output for the Jets.

Bolden looks like Lofton. Whatshisname looks like a $800,000 guy (I don't see what's the big deal, sorry) I see why they cut him moneywise.

LOL. I knew this would come up today and the first person to suggest that the Jets offense was every bit as putrid as the Bills last night would be greeted with the "but they played the ravens" excuse. Fact is that the Jets are overhyped and overrated and their offense really does suck. Sanchez is no better than Edwards right now, and that is giving him credit. He was erratic, uncomfortable in the pocket, and could not complete anything downfield. Sound familiar? As for the high profile free agents, did Braylon Edwards play? He has always sucked. The jets cut their best running back in favor of a fumble machine and a player several years past his prime, who looked it. The O-line looked shakey. The Jets are one dimensional at best and the ravens exposed this by taking away the run.

As for defense, they have a great front seven, but are vulnerable in the secondary which the Ravens also exposed. Revis is very good, but Cromartie showed why San Diego was willing to dump him, and the rookie got beat like a drum. The penalties and lack of discipline they showed are a direct result of their loudmouth coach and his approach.

No doubt the jest will work some things out in the coming weeks, as will the Bills, but I continue to believe they are no better than 8/8 this year, maybe worse.

It's not the offensive line then huh?

Quarterback. You have to have a good quarterback.

It is certainly both, but I think last night's game illustrated the value of a good QB. Flacco was under every bit as much pressure as Sanchez, yet Flacco was able to complete passes down the field consistently. (helps to have Todd heap and Anquan Boldin for sure) Sanchez (and Edwards) do not seem capable of this kind of play in the face of pressure.

I agree with your second sentence. But your first one doesn't make any sense. The Jets played probably the best D in the league, why would that make you feel better at all about the Bills performance?

Or ponder this one for a minute, we have the Jets with their D in 3 weeks and the Ravens in 3 weeks (2 games) after that. With the Packers and the cheaters before that. Man, brutal.

I was referring to the fact that the Jets looking offensively putrid helped to ease the pain of our offensive performance. Then as I stated you are kinda comparing apples to oranges comparing the Miami D to the Ravens. But yes we are in for it the next few weeks. Maybe we can get some defensive scores?

Edited by Brimley's Stache