Quick Thoughts...

1) ESPN Radio declared this morning that the Bills are IN THE PLAYOFF HUNT!!!!! ;)

2) We need more pass rush from the DEs.

3) If the Bills get a good lead they should bench MaGahee next week. I was very concerned watching him limp around, the kid might be a literally great RB.

4) It has been a few years since I have seen a pass like the one Drew through to Evans, at least while watching the Bills. It doesn't seem possible to throw a ball that deep with that much air under it.

5) Spikes was great as usual. Fletcher played a bad game by his standards, but I am not concerned.

6) Are there any Drew haters that now think that it was smart not to bench him?

7) IF the Bills make the playoffs, is a home game an impossibility? If so, too bad because I have a 50/50 chance of getting permission to go. I sound like a wimp? Wait until YOU are married 20 years.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) ESPN Radio declared this morning that the Bills are IN THE PLAYOFF HUNT!!!!! ;)

3) If the Bills get a good lead they should bench MaGahee next week. I was very concerned watching him limp around, the kid might be a literally great RB.

4) It has been a few years since I have seen a pass like the one Drew through to Evans, at least while watching the Bills. It doesn't seem possible to throw a ball that deep with that much air under it.

5) Spikes was great as usual. Fletcher played a bad game by his standards, but I am not concerned.

7) IF the Bills make the playoffs, is a home game an impossibility? If so, too bad because I have a 50/50 chance of getting permission to go. I sound like a wimp? Wait until YOU are married 20 years.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

148097[/snapback]

haha...love #7.

BTW< I am man enough to admit I was wrong to call for Drew's benching.

Actually I thought the trenchmen on both sides of the ball had their worst outings of the year, which is probably a major reason for your observation about Fletch.

That being said, I don't understand how stripes keep throwing holding flags on our OLine yet I've seen Schoebel tackled a halfdozen times in the last two weeks. ;)

Cya

Hi Bill,

Excellent points.

Regarding playing a playoff game at home, here's my take:

There are 4 division winners - best two get a bye - and 2 wildcard teams.

The 2 division winners that don't get the bye will host the two wildcard teams.

Thus a wild ard team can *never* host a first round playoff game.

Regarding the second round, if a wildcard team is seeded 5th and wins their first round road game, and if the 6th seeded wilcard also wins, then they each would play the division winners who earned the bye. So again, a wildcard team can never host a second reounf game either.

If the wildcard teams both win *again* then the 5th seed would host the 6th seed in the AFC championship game.

So the only way an AFC wildcard team can host a playoff game is in the AFC Championship Game assuming the 5th seed and the 6th seed knock everybody else out. (P.S. Not very likely.)

The Bills slim playoff chances have them fighting essentially for the 6th seed, To be the 5th seed, they have to win out at 10-6, and the Jets, Ravens, Jags, and Broncos have to collapse to 9-7 records or worse.

If all of the above happens, and the Bills host the AFC Championship Game, then I will be sitting next to you at RWS. You might also buy some LOTTO tickets as the probability of hitting all this is about the same.

Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!

148097[/snapback]

The only way we get a home game in the playoffs is if....

We win out(of course)

The Jets lose 3 of 4(1 loss being the Pats), going 10-6

The Ravens, Broncos, and Jags all finish 9-7

That means we get the 5th seed

We win our wild card match-up(away at either Indy or SD)

We win the next week(away at Pitt or NE)

and the Jets do the same

Then we face the Jets in the AFC Championship at the Ralph....

Chances of all that happening....well lets just say its possible :devil:

1) ESPN Radio declared this morning that the Bills are IN THE PLAYOFF HUNT!!!!! :devil:

148097[/snapback]

If we go to 9-6 our playoff game will be week 17 against the Steelers. Then hopefully it's on the road to......... Indi? Maybe, just maybe San Diego.

That being said, I don't understand how stripes keep throwing holding flags on our OLine yet I've seen Schoebel tackled a halfdozen times in the last two weeks.  :devil:

Cya

148126[/snapback]

I was screaming yesterday at the tv, the plays that pissed me off the most:

a)Takeo came off the edge, the rb just grabbed TKO's shoulder and hauled him down.

b)Schobel ran a stunt with Williams, Schobel is coming free up the middle when the G grabs him around the waist and tackles him.

c)Adams slashed between the G & C, C just turns and tackles him.

Hey Ref :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

c)Adams slashed between the G & C, C just turns and tackles him.

Hey Ref :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

148545[/snapback]

Is that one were Adams did his usual beat the Center snap and the right guard decided to bear hug him.....Giving Feeley time to get away and roll out to throw it away.....

I couldnt believe there was no flag there....

1) ESPN Radio declared this morning that the Bills are IN THE PLAYOFF HUNT!!!!! :devil:

148097[/snapback]

I'll say it. I was wrong to ask for his benching, only because we are not 100% out of the playoffs. If we WERE mathematically out, then I would still want JP. Only because I think he will be the starter nex year, and why not let him get the kinks out now?

But, with this playoff talk really growing, I was wrong, and Bledsoe will be our best chance to get there.

Is that one were Adams did his usual beat the Center snap and the right guard decided to bear hug him.....Giving Feeley time to get away and roll out to throw it away.....

148551[/snapback]

That's the one, I couldn't remember if it was the C or RG because my hand hurt so much from slamming the coffee table. B)

148551[/snapback]

I believe that was just after they called Teague for the brutal hold on the McGahee screen.

I believe that was just after they called Teague for the brutal hold on the McGahee screen.

148560[/snapback]

God that was an inexcusable call. Teague stood him up perfectly, then stepped out of the way and let the guy's forward momentum pitch him into a faceplant. The ref saw the guy fall and concluded that it MUST have been a grab & toss. End result: a 76-yard penalty and loss of down. Which gave the Dolphins the momentum they needed to stay in the game. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Well, I've been married for 2 years, and one thing the wife knows not to mess with is the Bills, especially the Bills in the playoffs. Already told her if we play at Pitt/NE, I'm there. Indy is more difficult b/c I have to buy a flight, but I'll try.

She also knows that in the unlikely event the Bills ever make the SB, nothing that is happening in life, children/money etc., will prevent me from being at that game.

Its all about setting the precedent early on and sticking with it.

Actually I thought the trenchmen on both sides of the ball had their worst outings of the year, which is probably a major reason for your observation about Fletch.

That being said, I don't understand how stripes keep throwing holding flags on our OLine yet I've seen Schoebel tackled a halfdozen times in the last two weeks.  :devil:

Cya

148126[/snapback]

One thing I suspect helps juice up the atmosphere at OneSimonDrive is the phenomenal display of instinctive pass rushing performed by one Lawyer Milloy the past couple Sundays. I don't believe I've ever seen any pass rusher coming from the Bill's D backfield who was that skilled at sliding off blocks.

One thing I suspect helps juice up the atmosphere at OneSimonDrive is the phenomenal display of instinctive pass rushing performed by one Lawyer Milloy the past couple Sundays. I don't believe I've ever seen any pass rusher coming from the Bill's D backfield who was that skilled at sliding off blocks.

148733[/snapback]

He never lets the OL get their hands on him. Really neat to watch.

Well, I've been married for 2 years, and one thing the wife knows not to mess with is the Bills, especially the Bills in the playoffs.  Already told her if we play at Pitt/NE, I'm there.  Indy is more difficult b/c I have to buy a flight, but I'll try.

She also knows that in the unlikely event the Bills ever make the SB, nothing that is happening in life, children/money etc., will prevent me from being at that game. 

Its all about setting the precedent early on and sticking with it.

148590[/snapback]

Bro, sounds good. Now, talk to me in 18 years.

Things change, you know what I mean?