Where was the I -Formation?

MClem06

How many more games like this for Trent before gailey shoud switch?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How many more games like this for Trent before gailey shoud switch

• Pull him right now

We had several plays last night that we started in a shotgun with a RB Behind the QB... I've personally never seen this formation before in the NFL but maybe some of you can shed light on the style and name of this formation. Second, it seems dismal to set up a run this way since you are handing the ball off 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.... Given our current state of the O-Line where was the I Formation? We are evidently stronger on the inside yet there were very few inside runs.

Game Plan - F

Running Game - F

Offensive line play - D

QB Play - F-F = F'd

Defensive line - F

Secondary - A+

Edwards can't - or won't - pass downfield, and opposing defenses know it and don't even bother trying to defend against it. We've got 3 great RBs and a power FB in McIntyre - I say let's go wishbone. B-)

I say put two TEs on the field, max protect and use a power running game. For the life of me I don't understand why you have 2RB, 3-4WR formations when the OL is having trouble pass blocking on the edges. Friggin' max protect! Our TEs suck surely they can do something besides just take up a roster spot.

Of course, a power running game wouldn't let Gaily show off his favorite new toy - C.J. Spiller. So now the offense is tied to this gimmicky, try and fool the defense with smoke and mirrors soft offensive game which only serves to showcase how bad the OL and QB are.

Watching the game, I was wondering the same thing. We kept trying to run the ball out of passing formations which can't work if they are not respecting the pass.It should have been just the opposite- the occasional pass from a power running set. Put in a power running set and slam it off-tackle.

Now that Gailey has seen how bad TE is, I think that this will be corrected by the next game.