Official "Dinner's On Me, Smartass" Update Thread

IDBillzFan

I know that in Vegas, you can place bets on the second half...

Which would defeat the point of this exercise. This started a number of years ago because I was stunned at how many people were making serious predictions of the team's impending record based strictly on the release of the schedule in April. And it wasn't just people saying "Oh, I see us going 8-8," but rather specifically breaking down every game, and how a team that hadn't even drafted yet, let alone had a roster, let alone had a training camp, was going to stack up and gameplan against 13 other teams that hadn't even drafted yet, let alone had a roster, let alone had a training camp.

KD is right in that the contest has never gotten this far. I think the first contest was over by Week 3.

But it's fun. At least for me. And we'll be back next year, with more prizes and more ways to win!

FINAL PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT #7 - So I leave you with this update from the website hosted by the Borough of Macungie (SA-LUTE!): The borough is currently seeking individuals willing to volunteer to fill key Borough of Macungie (SA-LUTE!) Board Vacancies. Positions are available effective January 1, 2011 for the Borough Authority, The Library Board and, (no, I'm not kidding) The Vacancy Board. As you can tell, the Borough of Macungie (SA-LUTE!) could find itself in a vicious form of gridlock as they struggle with the reality that they can not fill any Board Vacancies without first filling the vacancies on the Vacancy Board. The Vacancy Board will meet to determine who will fill the other vacancies as soon as it's own vacancies are filled, which will unfortunately require a meeting of a Vacancy Board which is, ummm, vacant right now. For more information, call Hattie McMilligan.

SA-LUTE!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LABILZFAN- I'll miss the public service announcements. Thanks for hosting this fun event every year. I look forward to lasting past week number one next year. :thumbsup:

I was hoping that the public service announcements would become a regular feature of TBD & continue on at least a weekly basis. Ah well, our loss.

Which would defeat the point of this exercise. This started a number of years ago because I was stunned at how many people were making serious predictions of the team's impending record based strictly on the release of the schedule in April. And it wasn't just people saying "Oh, I see us going 8-8," but rather specifically breaking down every game, and how a team that hadn't even drafted yet, let alone had a roster, let alone had a training camp, was going to stack up and gameplan against 13 other teams that hadn't even drafted yet, let alone had a roster, let alone had a training camp.

That never ceases to amaze me (and amuse me) either. :rolleyes:

(And I hope you know I was just kidding about the 2nd-half stuff - I was out after week one!)

That said, before the Bills or anyone else drafts, holds OTAs and camp, plays their preseason games, and finalizes their rosters, let mejust go ahead and make my next-season prediction of how we're gonna do right here and now...

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator

I was hoping that the public service announcements would become a regular feature of TBD & continue on at least a weekly basis. Ah well, our loss.

Don't be surprised if they don't still show up from time to time. If you knew Hattie McMilligan like iI know Hattie McMilligan, you'd do the same.:D

Um......16 other teams. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: