Official "Dinner's On Me, Smartass" Update Thread

IDBillzFan

Don't strain yourself. He may live in God's country, but he's not the Almighty. :P <BR><BR>Edit: This is my week. If the Bills pull of the miracle upset against the Jaguars, I think I'm on cruise control for the rest of the season. Come on you rat bastards! Win one for the Gipper!<BR>

Confidentially, just between the two of us, I think he's a rat bastard, but I'm trying to get him to open up the thread. :thumbsup:

Still in it, don't think I survived this long before. Have them win this week though... dont think ill make it to the bye...

I too picked them to win this week. That might happen, but I'm screwed after the bye.

Edited by Beerball

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this should be interesting.

Going into Week 5, there are 23 survivors of the "Dinner's On Me, Smartass!" Competition. Of that number, 19 picked the Bills to beat the Jaguars, and four of you picked them to lose. You know who you are, so the best of luck to all.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT #4 - The Macungie (SA-LUTE!) Minstrelaire Show entitled "Take this Job and Sing It" will take place at the Lower Macungie (SA-LUTE!) Middle School, 6299 Lower Macungie (SA-LUTE!) Road. Showtime is 8:00 pm on Nov 5 and two shows on Nov 6 at 2:00 & 8:00 pm Ticket prices are adults/$12, seniors(62+)/$10, students(K-12)/$8. Group rates are available, though we understand that a group in Macungie (SA-LUTE!) usually means the entire township. For more information, call Hattie McMilligan.

Well, this should be interesting.

Going into Week 5, there are 23 survivors of the "Dinner's On Me, Smartass!" Competition. Of that number, 19 picked the Bills to beat the Jaguars, and four of you picked them to lose. You know who you are, so the best of luck to all.

So other than Joe, who are the other three? And did any of the three also pick them to end 0-16?

Edited by Just Jack

So other than Joe, who are the other three? And did any of the three also pick them to end 0-16?

Chef Jim is one of them, as he picked us to go winless. Not sure who the other two are, but I believe one other has us going winless; which would be unfortunate because unless three people make it to week 8, the top prize is a $650 gift certificate, and if Chef Jim has to split that, it wouldn't get him past his first bottle of wine with appetizers.

Chef Jim is one of them, as he picked us to go winless. Not sure who the other two are, but I believe one other has us going winless; which would be unfortunate because unless three people make it to week 8, the top prize is a $650 gift certificate, and if Chef Jim has to split that, it wouldn't get him past his first bottle of wine with appetizers.

I actually picked them to go 0-17 the first team in history to lose the bye week.

• 2 weeks later...

And then there were four heading into this week's schedule.

The following participants remain alive in the contest this week and have all picked the Bills to lose vs. The Ravens: Stuckincincy, Chef Jim, Dollarcoin and JR in Ann Arbor. It is worth nothing that Chef Jim and Dollarcoin both picked the Bills to lose all their games, while Stuckincincy and JR in Ann Arbor picked the Bills to win the next game vs. KC, so it's fair to say this is going to be a real nutcruncher if the Bills should lose today.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT #6 - Residents of Macungie (SA-LUTE!) are asked to rake their leaves to the curb for collection for tomorrow; leaves should be placed at the curb by 7:00 AM Monday on scheduled weeks. The Macungie (SA-LUTE) leaf collection crew will not make special trips to pick up leaves placed at the curb after they have picked up leaves in the area. The schedule is subject to change because an exact time and date for pickup in your neighborhood cannot be scheduled due to weather and work conditions that can affect the daily plans of the Borough crew. DO NOT MIX GRASS CLIPPINGS, GARDEN WASTE, TREE OR SHRUB TRIMMINGS IN WITH THE LEAVES. These items can damage the leaf vacuum, causing delays to the schedule. MIXED PILES WILL NOT BE TAKEN. For more information, call Hattie McMilligan.

The following participants remain alive in the contest this week and have all picked the Bills to lose vs. The Ravens: Stuckincincy, Chef Jim, Dollarcoin and JR in Ann Arbor. It is worth nothing that Chef Jim and Dollarcoin both picked the Bills to lose all their games, while Stuckincincy and JR in Ann Arbor picked the Bills to win the next game vs. KC, so it's fair to say this is going to be a real nutcruncher if the Bills should lose today.

[insert Jaws theme music]

The way Joe has been, I thought he also had the Bills going 0-16. Checked the thread and noticed he was booted after the Jags game.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT #6 - Residents of Macungie (SA-LUTE!) are asked to rake their leaves to the curb for collection for tomorrow; leaves should be placed at the curb by 7:00 AM Monday on scheduled weeks. The Macungie (SA-LUTE) leaf collection crew will not make special trips to pick up leaves placed at the curb after they have picked up leaves in the area. The schedule is subject to change because an exact time and date for pickup in your neighborhood cannot be scheduled due to weather and work conditions that can affect the daily plans of the Borough crew. DO NOT MIX GRASS CLIPPINGS, GARDEN WASTE, TREE OR SHRUB TRIMMINGS IN WITH THE LEAVES. These items can damage the leaf vacuum, causing delays to the schedule. MIXED PILES WILL NOT BE TAKEN. For more information, call Hattie McMilligan.

I called Hattie and told her that I mixed grass clippings, garden waste and tree shrub trimmings with my leaves. She told me to !@#$ off!! I asked if her husband drove a truck and if they lived next to a guy named Joe. She said as a matter of fact he does and they do and how did I know. :devil:

Sonofa....I missed it. :censored:

Sad thing is that LA might actually have to pay out this year!

Not so sad, really. At least not as sad as watching the last two contestants get to week 17 and bust a lung cheering for the team to lose to the Jets' third stringers.

I don't think he can... May actually default. He is a poor downtrodden and over-taxed citizen. The winner might actually have to ask the Tea Party to cut a check.

:P

Unlike some of you, I only commit to spending what I actually have. Oh, I know it's popular these days to spend what you think you might earn someday from those yet unborn to fund the purple people beaters of today, but I'm not much of a progressive in that respect.

Edited by LABillzFan