Official "Dinner's On Me, Smartass" Update Thread

IDBillzFan

Hmmm....this raises an interesting question. My assumption has always been that you would purchase one dinner for up to the prize limit amount. But this makes it sound like Joe would have the option of using the prize on 135 separate trips to Subway, which would seem to go against the spirit of "Dinner's on Me, Smartass".

Personally, I think the winner should be obligated to blow the whole amount in one seating.

So a $5 foot long, a hooker, and some coke? Does that count as 1 seating? You can even spring and buy a $5 foot long for the hooker.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have an outstanding sushi place near our house called "Fish In A Bottle." It's impossible to go out for sushi without realizing that virtually all sushi restaurants suffer in comparison to this place. The only time I found better sushi was while in Vegas a few months ago at a place called Nobu. It cost an arm-and-a-leg, as you would expect when they top your sushi with shaved truffles, but it was worth every dime.

I'm surprised you can get good sushi in Macungie (SA-LUTE!).

And then there were 42. I'll take some time this week to break down what the 42 picked vs. Green Bay, but my instincts tell me it won't be pretty.

There is a Nobu in Dallas - went there one time and it flat out sucked. I eat sushi once per week or at least once every ten days or so - had it in a number of major cities including Tokyo at mom and pop to high end places. Nobu (Dallas) is the only place I have ever been where the sushi tasted bad and there was a "fish" smell in the place. I refuse to ever go again.

We have an outstanding sushi place near our house called "Fish In A Bottle." It's impossible to go out for sushi without realizing that virtually all sushi restaurants suffer in comparison to this place. The only time I found better sushi was while in Vegas a few months ago at a place called Nobu. It cost an arm-and-a-leg, as you would expect when they top your sushi with shaved truffles, but it was worth every dime.

I'm surprised you can get good sushi in Macungie (SA-LUTE!).

And then there were 42. I'll take some time this week to break down what the 42 picked vs. Green Bay, but my instincts tell me it won't be pretty.

The best sushi I ever had was O Ya in Boston. It was a company thing so I didn't have to pay. The waiter came out and asked if we wanted to order off the menu or should we let the chef do a special menu. I closed my menu and handed it to him. He came back and asked was there anything we don't like. I said I don't like leaving. Well we left 3 hours and 18 courses later. Each course was one single bite of the most mouth exploding fantastic amazing thing I ever put in my mouth (get your minds out of the gutter). A dining experience I'll never forget.

Hee Haw salutes the people from the Burrough of Macungie, Pennsylvania. Population 37. SA-LUTE!

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT #1: The Lower Lehigh Lions Flea Market will take place at the Macungie (SA-LUTE!) Memorial Park this Saturday from 8 am to 2:30 pm. Lot costs are $15. For reservations or information, please contact Ron Bechtel or Bob Kichline.

Thank you.

$15 to park at a !@#$ing flea market? Are you !@#$ing kidding me Macungie?

Quick update heading into Week Two vs. Green Bay:

Of the 42 left in the contest, 38 picked the Bills to lose.

The four who picked them to lose to the Fish and beat the Packers?

Murra, Macaroni, Blanco Diablo and yes, john wawrow.

I did that by accident ... I actually intended to have those first two games reversed, when I reviewed my picks I decided it was "fate" that I had fumble fingers so I stuck with them on a whim.

I actually, fully, with all my heart, expected to be eliminated on week one because I was convinced we were going to kill the dolphins and that didn't happen ... so let's see if logic follows because I actually, fully, with all my heart expect to be eliminated in week two because I am convinced Green Bay will kill us ...

It's not much, but we Bills fans have to have something to hope for, no matter how illogical :unsure:

I did that by accident ... I actually intended to have those first two games reversed, when I reviewed my picks I decided it was "fate" that I had fumble fingers so I stuck with them on a whim.

I actually, fully, with all my heart, expected to be eliminated on week one because I was convinced we were going to kill the dolphins and that didn't happen ... so let's see if logic follows because I actually, fully, with all my heart expect to be eliminated in week two because I am convinced Green Bay will kill us ...

It's not much, but we Bills fans have to have something to hope for, no matter how illogical :unsure:

either that, or the four of us are sheer geniuses. yah, that's the ticket.

jw

• 2 weeks later...

First, I apologize for not providing a heads-up or Public Service Announcement last week for the Burough of Macungie (SA-LUTE!) as I was on travel.

As we head into Week 4, we have 35 surivors, of which 22 predict the Bills will lose this weekend, and 13 predict they will win. Imagine that; four weeks in and we're already having some nail-biters.

You know where the link is, so you can figure out if you're still in it.

Meanwhile, since I missed a week, I will provide two Public Service Announcements as announced at the official website for the Burrough of Macungie (SA-LUTE!).

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT #2 - The annual Macungie (SA-LUTE) Cool Down Car Show and Craft Show will take place at Macungie Memorial Park this Sunday from 9 am to 3 pm. For more information, call Hattie McMilligan.

BONUS PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT #3 - The Macungie (SA-LUTE!) Rod and Gun Club is reminding everyone that orders for their monthly Ham and Cheese Sandwich Sale must be placed no later than October 24 for pickup on Sunday, October 31 at noon. You must pick up the no later than the deadline or forfeit your sandwich. To order or for information, call Harley McMilligan, Chairman of the Macungie (SA-LUTE!) Rod and Gun Club (and owner of McMilligans Pig Farm and Spiral Sliced Ham Cafe).

Thank you.

Hee Haw salutes the people from the Burrough of Macungie, Pennsylvania. Population 37. SA-LUTE!

The official "Dinner's On Me, Smartass" Competition thread remains closed so none of you chuckleheads can screw with your picks, so at the request of one of the only people who actually admits being from Macungie (SA-LUTE!), I'll use this thread to update people each week on contest status. We will also use this space to provide public service announcements regarding events scheduled in the Burrough of Macungie (SA-LUTE!) throughout the season.

The official thread link to find your own picks each week is here.

As we begin the start of the season with the home opener against the Fish, let me report that 114 people are taking part in this contest. Of that number, including the guy who admits to living in Macungie (SA-LUTE!), 72 predicted the Bills will win and 42 predicted the Fish would win.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT #1: The Lower Lehigh Lions Flea Market will take place at the Macungie (SA-LUTE!) Memorial Park this Saturday from 8 am to 2:30 pm. Lot costs are $15. For reservations or information, please contact Ron Bechtel or Bob Kichline.

Thank you.

LABillzfan, where is the original thread of the dinners on me smartass contest with everyone's prediction?

Damn, I must have been in a drug induced haze when I made those picks...6 wins?!

I sure hope somebody decides to open up the thread for those still alive at the bye.

Have I mentioned lately that the :worthy: OP :worthy: is a wise and wonderful individual who should be :worthy: lauded by all? :worthy:

Damn, I must have been in a drug induced haze when I made those picks...6 wins?! I sure hope somebody decides to open up the thread for those still alive at the bye. Have I mentioned lately that the :worthy: OP :worthy: is a wise and wonderful individual who should be :worthy: lauded by all? :worthy:
Don't strain yourself. He may live in God's country, but he's not the Almighty. :P <BR><BR>Edit: This is my week. If the Bills pull of the miracle upset against the Jaguars, I think I'm on cruise control for the rest of the season. Come on you rat bastards! Win one for the Gipper!<BR> Edited by Joe In Macungie