At This Point, Disregard My User Name

Yes, DB does look horrendous at times. . . however, we have something going here. Even I, a confirmed DB basher, realize that JP likely would not be able to do what DB has done in the last 8 games. (go 6-2).

DB should play until we are matematically eliminated. . . which may not come until the final day of regular season. Or, dare I say in the playoffs? Do I dare?

This JUST in: The Cincinnati game IS a playoff game. We should beat San Fran and Cleveland. The Bengal game will determine if we have a shot. If we don't beat the Bengals, the Steeler finale will be moot. Unfortunately, the Bengals are very similar to us right now=heating up at the right time. They will be extremely tough to beat in Cincy. That day could wind up being Takeo's worst nightmare come true as the Bengals have a real chance to virtually eliminate us.

I think we match up well vs. Cincy. Today could've been an exception, but we almost always win when scoring 20 points. We should be able to do that against their mediocre defense. Rudi Johnson ain't going to run on us, so Palmer will have to continue his hot streak. 1st year starter at QB + a dangerous WR core means we have to blitz the living hell out of them and pray that the rush gets there in time. McGahee and Schobel will be the 2 biggest keys to that game. I like the McGahee matchup, not sure about the pass-rush.

The bengals in all honestly should hopefully be "eliminated" next week

Week 14

Cincy-Dec 12 @New England 1:00pm

It's looking good for us, but like they say 1 game at a time

147859[/snapback]

The New England loss will drop Cincy to 6-7. . . NOT completely eliminated. They'll still have a mathematical shot. Also, they'll be coming off a road loss, and going home due for a win.

Yes, DB does look horrendous at times. . . however, we have something going here. Even I, a confirmed DB basher, realize that JP likely would not be able to do what DB has done in the last 8 games. (go 6-2).

DB should play until we are matematically eliminated. . . which may not come until the final day of regular season. Or, dare I say in the playoffs? Do I dare?

This JUST in: The Cincinnati game IS a playoff game. We should beat San Fran and Cleveland. The Bengal game will determine if we have a shot. If we don't beat the Bengals, the Steeler finale will be moot. Unfortunately, the Bengals are very similar to us right now=heating up at the right time. They will be extremely tough to beat in Cincy. That day could wind up being Takeo's worst nightmare come true as the Bengals have a real chance to virtually eliminate us.

147845[/snapback]

Absolutely true. The Bengal game scares me more than a home finale against Pittsburgh. I'd rather play a very good team at home than a hot team on the road any day.

I agree that IF the Bengals lose to the Pats, their playoff hopes are destroyed.  No 9-7 team in the AFC will make the playoffs, and that will deflate them severly for the following week's game against the Bills.

148289[/snapback]

Might piss them off, too.

Beating the Ravens was absolutely huge for them. I wish we were playing them next week. They have to have a little let down after today.

147966[/snapback]

Truth is, next week would be a lousy time to catch the Bengals. Gambling prognosticators like to see a team come home after winning a road game in the final seconds or in overtime. Their emotions, particularly jolted by their home crowd, tends to elevate their play. Will they beat NE next week? Not likely. But don't be surprised to see them put up a fight and cover the spread.

Truth is, next week would be a lousy time to catch the Bengals. Gambling prognosticators like to see a team come home after winning a road game in the final seconds or in overtime. Their emotions, particularly jolted by their home crowd, tends to elevate their play. Will they beat NE next week? Not likely. But don't be surprised to see them put up a fight and cover the spread.

Like I said in another post, if the Bengals lose to the Pats, great. If they beat the Pats, great. ;)

147845[/snapback]

Yeah, but Ice says we are ruining next year because JP isn't getting experience now. . . I guess someone forgot to tell Ice that the NFL is a "win now" league. The days of multi-year rebuilding projects were accepted only to pre-FA days.

Guest Guesteroo

147845[/snapback]

At least this guy's willing to admit that maybe he was too hard on poor Rudolph, I mean Bledsoe. Others (we ALL know who they are) would seemingly rather lose games than to have DB start. Look at Eli Manning in NY. Idiot Tom Coughlin made the switch when the Giants were STILL really in the mix. Now that team is dead. Glad MM did not make the same mistake.