25 things chefs never tell you

erynthered

My additions (remember I've been out of the business awhile so some are dated)

1. We've all cooked your meal drunk

2. We've snorted cocaine off your plate at one point

3. We all know another cook/chef who's killed someone

4. One of us has !@#$ed your wife or girlfriend. Chicks dig guys who can cook.

5. The reason your wine is marked up 300% is because we keep stealing the Crystal.

6. The filet you're eating was down our pants but we got caught trying to sneak it out the back door.

7. We've bled on something you've eaten in the past

8. We've had a cigarette hanging out our mouth while cooking your meal.

9. We've bribed a health inspector to not close our doors.

And number ten..................

You are never right.

Edited by Chef Jim

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My additions (remember I've been out of the business awhile so some are dated)

1. We've all cooked your meal drunk

2. We've snorted cocaine off your plate at one point

3. We all know another cook/chef who's killed someone

4. One of us has !@#$ed your wife or girlfriend. Chicks dig guys who can cook.

5. The reason your wine is marked up 300% is because we keep stealing the Crystal.

6. The filet you're eating was down our pants but we got caught trying to sneak it out the back door.

7. We've bled on something you've eaten in the past

8. We've had a cigarette hanging out our mouth while cooking your meal.

9. We've bribed a health inspector to not close our doors.

And number ten..................

You are never right.

That's why they make less than the servers. :devil:

Waiters control the weather? :unsure:

Yes, it's all the cheap !@#$ing cologne they wear.

We used to joke in the kitchen that we could tell when it was 5:00pm. The place would start to smell like "waiter." As a matter of fact we were sitting outside last weekend and our neighbor walked by. My wife took one whiff and said "he must be a waiter." LOL

Yes, it's all the cheap !@#$ing cologne they wear.

We used to joke in the kitchen that we could tell when it was 5:00pm. The place would start to smell like "waiter." As a matter of fact we were sitting outside last weekend and our neighbor walked by. My wife took one whiff and said "he must be a waiter." LOL

Could be worse I suppose. They could have horrible BO after their deodorant (assuming they could afford it) failed two hours into their shift since they were in intense heat all night.

Edited by Booster4324

At least we smell better after our shower not worse.

So wait, you are saying the waiters smelled worse after they washed off the cheap cologne?

Edit-take care Chef. I have to run, if you want we can renew our front of the house vs back of the house tomorrow.

Edited by Booster4324

So wait, you are saying the waiters smelled worse after they washed off the cheap cologne?

No, you nitwit they put on that crap ass cologne after they took a shower.

Listen I'm going to leave with this. Until there is a TV Servers Network, Iron Waiter, Waiter's Magazine, Hell's Waiter's Station, Top Server, Amazing Glasses of Water, you (and I'm assuming you used to wait tables) are nothing more than a means for getting our creations out to the people who want them. They're not there for you, they just happen to need you to eat our food. Now get this food out to table 12 before it gets cold and I have to cut your nuts off.

No, you nitwit they put on that crap ass cologne after they took a shower.

Listen I'm going to leave with this. Until there is a TV Servers Network, Iron Waiter, Waiter's Magazine, Hell's Waiter's Station, Top Server, Amazing Glasses of Water, you (and I'm assuming you used to wait tables) are nothing more than a means for getting our creations out to the people who want them. They're not there for you, they just happen to need you to eat our food. Now get this food out to table 12 before it gets cold and I have to cut your nuts off, waitscum

You forgot my favorite term for the waitstaff.

I used to be a dishwasher at two restaurants in high school. Where does that rank me in the chef/waiter hierarchy?

Note : At one of the two, I was allowed to help the chef with the easy things (fries/pasta/salads/simple sandwiches) when things were slow on my end.

Edited by Just Jack

I used to be a dishwasher at two restaurants in high school. Where does that rank me in the chef/waiter hierarchy?

Note : At one of the two, I was allowed to help the chef with the easy things (fries/pasta/salads/simple sandwiches) when things were slow on my end.

You have a future in the retirement home - you'll be able to help pay for your own stay by helping the kitchen staff. It will be especially fun on pudding and jello night.