Health insurance premiums going up, thanks to new legislation

KD in CA

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as one legislator said in the article: the insurers need to decide if they're in the business of denying care or providing it. those of us who actually provide care have known the answer for years. this bill is just unveiling the truth to everyone else.

Edited by birdog1960

as one legislator said in the article: the insurers need to decide if they're in the business of denying care or providing it. those of us who actually provide care have known the answer for years. this bill is just unveiling the truth to everyone else.

I don't think insurance companies are in the business of providing care.

Arent Insurers supposed to either provide or deny coverage?

What actual care do they provide?

Anthony Wright is a moron.

and you would be right. as i've said before, they are superfluous, meddling middle men. they add nothing to the system and subtract lots of dollars.

I agree. We need to eliminate that middle man and put someone in charge with a proven track record of delivering true cost and operating efficiencies.

Someone like the federal government.

I agree. We need to eliminate that middle man and put someone in charge with a proven track record of delivering true cost and operating efficiencies.

Someone like the federal government.

the gov't already pays for the lions share of health care. that's how insurers get away with this. they're the insurer of last resort after the private insurers cherry pick the low risk lives. why not allow them (us) to spread risk over the good bets and the bad ones? and if you're after efficiency, think of all the personnel costs that could be saved by having a single billing and paying entity- whole billing departments in hospitals, clinics and ancillary services could be eliminated, not to mention all the folks sitting in their cubicles denying care at the other end.

and you would be right. as i've said before, they are superfluous, meddling middle men. they add nothing to the system and subtract lots of dollars.

Let me ask you. If I didn't have health insurance how would I ever be able to afford the medical services that have been provided to me over the years. Pay the doctors minimum wage? Barter?

the gov't already pays for the lions share of health care. that's how insurers get away with this. they're the insurer of last resort after the private insurers cherry pick the low risk lives. why not allow them (us) to spread risk over the good bets and the bad ones? and if you're after efficiency, think of all the personnel costs that could be saved by having a single billing and paying entity- whole billing departments in hospitals, clinics and ancillary services could be eliminated, not to mention all the folks sitting in their cubicles denying care at the other end.

I wasn't talking about paying for it. I was talking about running it. Outside of the armed forces, the federal government couldn't run a flea market efficiently. All the money you think will be saved by having the federal government act as a single billing/paying entity will quickly be absorbed and spent on some other entitlement.

It's amazing to me, in this day and age, that ANYONE would blindly believe that the best way for anything to save money and act more efficiently is to kill one middle man and replace him with the federal government.