Brandon Jacobs

Estro

Heading into my fantasy draft last week I targeted Jacobs as a mid-late rounder, figuring that he'd be a nice value in that area of the fantasy draft. Before pulling the trigger on him, I called up my buddy (a Giants fan) and he quickly talked me into selecting Ahmad Bradshaw (who was still available). I wasn't sure if I liked the move, but then came news that Jacobs was upset, so I figured the writing was on the wall......Bradshaw is the clear cut #1. After watching this most recent video featuring Brandon Jacobs, I'm all but assured Bradshaw will be "the man" carrying the ball for the G-Men this season:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/09/giants_running_back_brandon_ja.html

It really struck me how sensitive Jacobs is. He wasn't very productive last year and Bradshaw clearly looked like the better back. His comment about the new stadium being a great "money pit" also came across in a very derogatory manner. The questions he was fielding seemed appropriate to me. His reactions clearly indicate a RB that knows he will be used sparingly this season. It looks like Jacobs may soon become a locker room cancer with this type of attitude.

Some seem to be holding out hope that Jacobs will see the bulk of goal line carries (still giving him solid fantasy value), but I don't see it happening. I think Bradshaw is much better churning out those tough goal line yards. Anyways just wanted to give my .02..........I think Bradshaw will have a big year for the G-Men.

Heading into my fantasy draft last week I targeted Jacobs as a mid-late rounder, figuring that he'd be a nice value in that area of the fantasy draft. Before pulling the trigger on him, I called up my buddy (a Giants fan) and he quickly talked me into selecting Ahmad Bradshaw (who was still available). I wasn't sure if I liked the move, but then came news that Jacobs was upset, so I figured the writing was on the wall......Bradshaw is the clear cut #1. After watching this most recent video featuring Brandon Jacobs, I'm all but assured Bradshaw will be "the man" carrying the ball for the G-Men this season:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/09/giants_running_back_brandon_ja.html

It really struck me how sensitive Jacobs is. He wasn't very productive last year and Bradshaw clearly looked like the better back. His comment about the new stadium being a great "money pit" also came across in a very derogatory manner. The questions he was fielding seemed appropriate to me. His reactions clearly indicate a RB that knows he will be used sparingly this season. It looks like Jacobs may soon become a locker room cancer with this type of attitude.

Some seem to be holding out hope that Jacobs will see the bulk of goal line carries (still giving him solid fantasy value), but I don't see it happening. I think Bradshaw is much better churning out those tough goal line yards. Anyways just wanted to give my .02..........I think Bradshaw will have a big year for the G-Men.

Simply put, Bradshaw is the better overall back. Glad you have a friend who was able to prevent you from targeting Jacobs.

I still think they'll attempt a 60/40 split, but I'm pretty sure that will fade quickly now that Bradshaw is getting a legit shot at the starter role. He should be a fantastic back this year. He sort of reminds me of Ray Rice in terms of ability and running style.

*has him on his fantasy roster, too!*

Jacobs is big and tall and doesn't fit the mold of the prototype NFL RB, plus he runs high and takes a hella pounding, the guy is 6'4" 264

My take is he will still get lots of carries.... don't forget he is pissed and hungry now that he is 2nd string. Both he and Ward rushed for over 1000 yards in 08