How Much Input Do You Think

Cookiemonster

Or specifically TE, I would think that they (the coaches) would at least consult with him, maybe

not in the context of who do you think we cut type framework, but more along the lines of constant

quizzing up until final cuts. Maybe communication regarding who he felt that he was developing

the most chemistry with, or who runs the best patterns, etc..

Thoughts?

Or specifically TE, I would think that they (the coaches) would at least consult with him, maybe

not in the context of who do you think we cut type framework, but more along the lines of constant

quizzing up until final cuts. Maybe communication regarding who he felt that he was developing

the most chemistry with, or who runs the best patterns, etc..

Thoughts?

If the QB is Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Brett Favre, then maybe they have some input. Trent Edwards has not done enough in the league and is not enough of a leader for a head coach to go to him and say "What do you think?" If he leads the team to the playoffs several years in a row and becomes a team leader then maybe, maybe the head coach asks him. But no way does Chan ask him at this point. IMO.

If the QB is Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Brett Favre, then maybe they have some input. Trent Edwards has not done enough in the league and is not enough of a leader for a head coach to go to him and say "What do you think?" If he leads the team to the playoffs several years in a row and becomes a team leader then maybe, maybe the head coach asks him. But no way does Chan ask him at this point. IMO.

Exactly. Depends on the QB. The top five or six probably have significant input. The bottom five or six, probably none. In between, well, it's probably a sliding scale.

Kelly probably had a lot of say; Ferragamo or Mathison, probably not as much. Johnson/Flutie? Probably some say, but not a lot.

If I were Trent Edwards, or any other quarterback, even below NFL, I'd give the coach feedback about the receivers.

I think its more about who the coaches see the QB preferring and working better with in practice and in the preseason games. Im not sure the QB has to "say" anything, I would think it becomes apparent to a coach that is tuned in and paying attention.

This was part of the problems with Johnson and Flutie. Each QB had a different style and would prefer different routes. The same happened last year with Fitz and Edwards. Edwards had a hard time getting it to T.O. while Fitz did not. I think it is as much about play making ability as it is the QB getting their say. For obvious reasons QB's are going to prefer their types of WR's and the WR's will prefer their QB's. (T.O. liked Fitz)