Preseason Summary

Compared to last year, this preseason was awesome!!!!

Our run game will be +10. Our pass game also saw an improvement +5. Our oline was not too shabby +3. Again compared to last year where our 1st team offense barely scored anything.... Our offense will be better.

Our defense secondary is great. But did you see how OPEN receivers were??? We got better as the preseason ended. But i can really see wes welker tearing it up. Damn i hate saying that!!! i hope chan and the def cor picked up on this. Maybe do a little more man to man and a little less zone.

Special teams was not special! We gave up field position in all 4 games. We looked very bad. Is this the same guy that allowed the music city miracle???? Oh crap, i think it is!!! thankfully we have some returners of our own, but we didnt look too sharp.

So here is my bottom line:

9-7 Does this get us in???? Not sure. either way we wont be able to win the sb anyway. Sad.

We should score against teams with bad defenses. Great offenses will score on us, probably at will! Meaning we will destroy the browns this year. Finally give them what they know and deserve should be a fair score. 28-10 win by bills. (no 6-3 bull crap)

Compared to last year, this preseason was awesome!!!!

No question. Our 1's beat their 1's the last three games (maybe Cincy was a tie since they pulled their #1 offense early, but kept their #1 defense in against our #1 offense)

Arguably, the only problem against Washington was the Bills were down to only two starters at O-line - pretty much like much of last season, actually.

Our run game will be +10. Our pass game also saw an improvement +5. Our oline was not too shabby +3. Again compared to last year where our 1st team offense barely scored anything.... Our offense will be better.

Dunno precisely what you mean by your "+" numbers, but run game wasn't that bad last year - it's the pass game that has shown the big improvement. Crossing patterns. A more confident Trent. TIMING PATTERNS!! And Roscoe actually looking like a good receiver.

Our defense secondary is great. But did you see how OPEN receivers were??? We got better as the preseason ended. But i can really see wes welker tearing it up. Damn i hate saying that!!! i hope chan and the def cor picked up on this. Maybe do a little more man to man and a little less zone.

Wide receivers being open varied. McKelvin's pass defense against Manning to Wayne was a masterpiece. The LB's weren't looking good in any phase - that's what has me worried.

Special teams was not special! We gave up field position in all 4 games. We looked very bad. Is this the same guy that allowed the music city miracle???? Oh crap, i think it is!!! thankfully we have some returners of our own, but we didnt look too sharp.

DeHaven wasn't on the field for that play - he was on the sideline. He was also Steve Tasker's coach. It's a bit harsh to blame him for that one play - which is what Wade Phillips did, then followed that up with hiring his incompetent buddy who was possibly the worst S/T coach of all time - forcing Ralph to fire Wade a year later.

This was accurate until the Detroit game - they looked fine to me then. I think DeHaven finally settled on who was going to be on the coverage teams and stopped playing the guys who couldn't get it done. They'll be fine.

So here is my bottom line:

9-7 Does this get us in???? Not sure. either way we wont be able to win the sb anyway. Sad.

We should score against teams with bad defenses. Great offenses will score on us, probably at will! Meaning we will destroy the browns this year. Finally give them what they know and deserve should be a fair score. 28-10 win by bills. (no 6-3 bull crap)

I'm going with 8-8 unless the LB's were hiding what they are really going to do, because they looked BAD.

Bills will win 30-10 this weekend, btw.

Edited by BobChalmers

No question. Our 1's beat their 1's the last three games (maybe Cincy was a tie since they pulled their #1 offense early, but kept their #1 defense in against our #1 offense)

Arguably, the only problem against Washington was the Bills were down to only two starters at O-line - pretty much like much of last season, actually.

Dunno precisely what you mean by your "+" numbers, but run game wasn't that bad last year - it's the pass game that has shown the big improvement. Crossing patterns. A more confident Trent. TIMING PATTERNS!! And Roscoe actually looking like a good receiver.

Wide receivers being open varied. McKelvin's pass defense against Manning to Wayne was a masterpiece. The LB's weren't looking good in any phase - that's what has me worried.

DeHaven wasn't on the field for that play - he was on the sideline. He was also Steve Tasker's coach. It's a bit harsh to blame him for that one play - which is what Wade Phillips did, then followed that up with hiring his incompetent buddy who was possibly the worst S/T coach of all time - forcing Ralph to fire Wade a year later.

This was accurate until the Detroit game - they looked fine to me then. I think DeHaven finally settled on who was going to be on the coverage teams and stopped playing the guys who couldn't get it done. They'll be fine.

I'm going with 8-8 unless the LB's were hiding what they are really going to do, because they looked BAD.

Bills will win 30-10 this weekend, btw.

u did a summary of my summary. lol. I hope you are right about our special teams. my + number rating system was a 1-10 rating. 1 being bad and 10 being great.

Comparing the two preseasons -- it's night and day, as you point out.

However, come 1 p.m. Sunday we can throw all the analysis out the window, because this one's going to count.

I'm thinking 8-8 is on the optimistic side, but that's what I'm hoping for.

Comparing the two preseasons -- it's night and day, as you point out.

However, come 1 p.m. Sunday we can throw all the analysis out the window, because this one's going to count.

I'm thinking 8-8 is on the optimistic side, but that's what I'm hoping for.

the pick6's were great. i hope they happen many times this year. i hope we can do that vs aaron rodgers game 2 and brady game 3