Koran (Quran) burning and my evil side

Well it's obvious it's not stupid and meaningless when we know people will take another's life over it. Unless, the life taken is stupid and meaningless in which case we would have to place a value on life in order to determine if it is stupid and meaningless which in itself is stupid and meaningless and at some point meaningless becomes meaningless and this is just plan stupid!

It's only stupid and meaningless because god in any form is a fairy tale. Except your god of course.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet, I doubt you'd squawk if someone burned a Bible.

I don't see him squawking now. These people are douchey. Bible burners are douchey. Flag burners are douchey. Most don't deserve the time of day but they can always get on TV.

These Koran-burning kooks are a little fringe church of nothing (cult?) that has succeeded in creating a media frenzy.

If 3 Tea Partiers had a Barak book-burning on MLK Day, it would (sadly) be front page news.

And yet, I doubt you'd squawk if someone burned a Bible.

I know I would. Even though I was raised a Hindu, my parents always taught me the importance of respecting other people's faiths. I guess they hoped that "do unto others as you would have do unto you" would stick with me.

In all I think burning any symbolic iconography - be it a bible or a flag - is disgusting and a true reflection of the people doing it. Truthfully though, it's an act of helplessness. They feel as though they can't strike back with normal means such as debate or even a good ol' fight so they look to hurt and anger by destroying a symbol the other side holds dear.

I don't understand, how is this going to kill Americans? If you are nuts enough to kill someone over burning a book. Then you are nuts enough to just kill for some stupid reason. All this doom and gloom that the liberals have been spewing is just a lot of BS to me.

Look what happened following the simple mistaken belief that a Koran was flushed down a toilet at Guantanamo. The point is why give lunatics in the middle east will respond to lunatics in America.

I think the real story behind your posting here is that... well damn, you made it through a whole sentence without calling me a moron.

I'm more impressed that you made it through two.

Not to mention Tom watches the Twilight series. :sick:

They're BOOKS, you nitwit.

And no, I haven't read them. Or watched them. Because vampires DON'T !@#$ING SPARKLE.