Jake Long watch

Kelly the Dog

Was only able to ride a bike for a few minutes yesterday. They don't know what kind of condition he will be in for the game (not that they would tell anyone anyway). I would expect him to play but it's clearly not a certainty. What's good about it for the Bills are the Fins back-ups. What a mess to start the season, worse than ours. Three of the four tackle back-ups just joined the team this weekend. The other has never played a game before, and it doesn't seem like he's all that good if your coach says he did enough in camp to "keep our interest" .

If Long doesn't play, they're in trouble at LT. If he does, with a bad knee, it's possible that Maybin can use his speed if Long can't backpedal as quick as he normally does. Could be a key, although, again, I expect Long to play, and probably play well.

During Monday's practice, second-year tackle Lydon Murtha filled in for Long with the first team. The team has three more practices and a walkthrough before Sunday's 1 p.m. road game against the Bills.

Sparano said Murtha had done enough in training camp to "keep our interest," earning himself a spot on the 53-man roster for now. But Sparano did point out the competition for backup tackle roles has improved.

"There's obviously a whole other step here for Lydon because he hasn't really played in a game really, not meaningful plays, anyway," Sparano said.

Veteran tackle Pat McQuistan, acquired last week in a trade with the Cowboys, newly signed Jermey Parnell, who worked at left tackle with the second team Monday, and Joe Reitz, another of Sunday's waiver-wire claims, are the other tackle options the Dolphins have on the roster.

http://www.sun-senti...story?track=rss

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really matter since we have no pass rush threats anyways. This may be an even bigger weakness than our OT situation. Stay tuned...........

Funny thing is I don't rate either the line or the pass rush as our biggest concern heading into the season.

...our LBs stink and some of them are just DEs playing out of position.

The fact that you guys are taking notes on who is injured on the opposing team shows me you guys have absolutely no confidence with the players we have on our team. These are the same people that say they defend this team. Kinda hypocritical if you ask me. :wallbash:

No, it doesn't. No, it's not. No, it's not.

It's just interesting, a factor in the game, something to consider in a prediction or bet.

No, it doesn't. No, it's not. No, it's not.

It's just interesting, a factor in the game, something to consider in a prediction or bet.

If you have faith in your players and your players are good, do you worry about these kinda things? ooh the Dolphins "CB watch," the Jake Long watch.

No you don't worry about these kinda things. You dont care about these kinda things.

The fact that you guys are taking notes on who is injured on the opposing team shows me you guys have absolutely no confidence with the players we have on our team. These are the same people that say they defend this team. Kinda hypocritical if you ask me. :wallbash:

Really? If you look on the phins message boards right now, they are taking notes that we have 2 CBs that didn't practice yesterday. I guess they have no confidence either :rolleyes:.

Injuries are a pretty big factor and are talked about each week.... you must be new to football.

If you have faith in your players and your players are good, do you worry about these kinda things? ooh the Dolphins "CB watch," the Jake Long watch.

No you don't worry about these kinda things. You dont care about these kinda things.

No, I don't worry about these things. I don't worry about anything, it's a football game. If you follow a team, or a sport, closely, there are a 100 factors that go into every game. It's fun to follow as many as you can, and it makes the game more fun to watch knowing as many of these factors as you can beforehand. At least it is to me. You don't have to know the health of our opponents if you don't wish to. The Bills sure do.

When I watch the game on Sunday and Aaron Maybin (yeah, right) gets a step on Jake Long because he has an injured ankle, I am going to know it likely had a lot more to do with that ankle than it does Aaron Maybin beating Jake Long to the QB.

It has zero to do with faith in our players. If we had Lawrence Taylor in his prime playing OLB on our defense I would love to know the condition of Jake Long's ankle going into the game.

No, I don't worry about these things. I don't worry about anything, it's a football game. If you follow a team, or a sport, closely, there are a 100 factors that go into every game. It's fun to follow as many as you can, and it makes the game more fun to watch knowing as many of these factors as you can beforehand. At least it is to me. You don't have to know the health of our opponents if you don't wish to. The Bills sure do.

When I watch the game on Sunday and Aaron Maybin (yeah, right) gets a step on Jake Long because he has an injured ankle, I am going to know it likely had a lot more to do with that ankle than it does Aaron Maybin beating Jake Long to the QB.

It has zero to do with faith in our players. If we had Lawrence Taylor in his prime playing OLB on our defense I would love to know the condition of Jake Long's ankle going into the game.

Aaron Maybin couldn't beat Jake Long if he had no arms and 2 bad legs so I wouldn't really count on that.

What in hell are you talking about? You don't pay ANY attention to your competition? You approach situations ignorantly and oblivious to the changing landscape?

Puhleeze. Talking about what is going on with the competition is ESSENTIAL, IMO.

What in hell are you talking about? You don't pay ANY attention to your competition? You approach situations ignorantly and oblivious to the changing landscape?

Puhleeze. Talking about what is going on with the competition is ESSENTIAL, IMO.

When Bruce Smith was playing, did you care about who he was facing? Did LT care about who offensive line he was facing? Do you think Andre Johnson cares about what CB he's facing? Do you think Steelers fans worry about their defense facing the Colts as much as we would worry? NO. During the glory days, i could care less what defense we went up against because I had FAITH in our players. I didn't care who Andre was matched up against because I knew that Kelly would get him the rock.

It makes PERFECT sense. If you had faith in your players and your team, you don't worry about these kinda things. Good players on good teams just do their thing no matter the matchup.

Edited by DreReed83

When Bruce Smith was playing, did you care about who he was facing? Did LT care about who offensive line he was facing? Do you think Andre Johnson cares about what CB he's facing? Do you think Steelers fans worry about their defense facing the Colts...

Worry? Who was worrying in this thread? Did Kelly say he was worried? Only you seem worried about intelligent discussion of the opposition.

As for your questions: Did I can about who Bruce Smith or Andre Reed was playing? Of course. I'm not a moron.

Do the Steeler fans worry about their defense facing the Colts? Only a stupid fan wouldn't care about it. As for worrying, well everyone worries when they face Peyton Manning.

That's right. Just keep digging the hole..:rolleyes:

Isn'tt today Back to School day in NY?? Someone call the truant officer.

You actually defending this no talent waste of space? A no talent, one trick pony whiner that btches about money before he even sees the field and can't back it up. Sorry if I don't get excited about that.

When Bruce Smith was playing, did you care about who he was facing? Did LT care about who offensive line he was facing? Do you think Andre Johnson cares about what CB he's facing? Do you think Steelers fans worry about their defense facing the Colts as much as we would worry? NO. During the glory days, i could care less what defense we went up against because I had FAITH in our players. I didn't care who Andre was matched up against because I knew that Kelly would get him the rock.

It makes PERFECT sense. If you had faith in your players and your team, you don't worry about these kinda things. Good players on good teams just do their thing no matter the matchup.

If Bruce Smith was playing, and Richmond Webb was hurt, I think most would take notice. Injuries make a difference.

Worry? Who was worrying in this thread? Did Kelly say he was worried? Only you seem worried about intelligent discussion of the opposition.

As for your questions: Did I can about who Bruce Smith or Andre Reed was playing? Of course. I'm not a moron.

Do the Steeler fans worry about their defense facing the Colts? Only a stupid fan wouldn't care about it. As for worrying, well everyone worries when they face Peyton Manning.

To be honest, this is getting annoying. There was NOTHING wrong with KTFBD's post. In fact, I thank him for the info.

We seem to be getting to the point where if you post something useful it gets attacked, and if it's even a little critical, Promo and a few others jump all over it as if you are some sort of piece of garbage for questioning any stupid thing the organization does.

It's a shame.

It really gets me fired up when these teams are considered better than us as well. I picked us to sweep Miami and I get laughed at for it. If you read more on that page one will find that the staff know they are in trouble with Henne, but the owner says he the next Marino so they keep him due to politics. They want Penneington in there but can't do it until Henne proves he's not good. Trent may not be a pro bowler, but he is better than Henne, and our line is better than theirs. We just have to take away their run plays and we can sweep them hands down.