Terry Jones wins the dumb **** award

Beerball

I an pretty sure the WBP and Jone's DWOC are allies...

From Wiki:

Endorsement of Westboro Baptist Church

In March 2010, Dove World posted a video which decried the possibility of an openly-gay mayor (in this case, current mayor Craig Lowe, who is the first openly gay mayor of Gainesville). It also posted a sign saying "No Homo Mayor"; after Americans United requested the Internal Revenue Service to investigate the sign as an undue participation of a non-political tax-exempt organization in the political process[15], the church then changed the sign to simply read "No Homo"[16].

On April 18, 2010, members of the church participated in a joint protest with the Westboro Baptist Church against homosexuality[17]; the protest took place in front of Trinity United Methodist Church and the University of Florida Hillel.

Later, on April 21, Dove World member Fran Ingram published a blog post proclaiming the church's endorsements of the Westboro Baptist Church's protests against homosexuality and homosexuals.

I know a few disagreed with me when I said that we need to stop giving attention to media whores because their ideas will spread, but what you just posted (wikipedia obviously not being the greatest of sources) backs up that thought.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a few disagreed with me when I said that we need to stop giving attention to media whores because their ideas will spread, but what you just posted (wikipedia obviously not being the greatest of sources) backs up that thought.

i've always agreed with you that the media should stop giving them attention. where i disagree is the idea that us "civilians" should as well. no need to try to combat the WBC with violence and actual opposition. but making a joke out of them until they shut up and go away HAS PROVEN to work.

i've always agreed with you that the media should stop giving them attention. where i disagree is the idea that us "civilians" should as well. no need to try to combat the WBC with violence and actual opposition. but making a joke out of them until they shut up and go away HAS PROVEN to work.

Are the dates in EiI's link from before or after some of those jokes started happening? If this new idiot latched onto them after that, I wouldn't be so sure it's proven. But anyway, in my idea world, the press would never mention any of these idiots ever again and they'd disappear. Of course, in my idea world, the Bills would go 18-0 this year (yeah, they'd play 2 extra games just for the commish) and then sweep through the playoffs, never allowing a single point.

I highly doubt that WBC's raving homophobia has in any way spread to Dove World; far more likely that Dove World was homophobic to begin with, and saw a convenient opportunity for attention riding WBC's coattails.

Which theory also goes a long way towards explaining this asinine book burning.